At SE Foster Road, SE Woodstock Boulevard, and SE Flavel Street, we:
- Replaced and upgraded the traffic signal heads, supports, and controllers to include advanced sensors and software to control signal timing and improve the flow of traffic.
- Installed sidewalk ramps that meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
At SE Foster Road, SE Woodstock Boulevard, and SE Flavel Street
Cost and Funding
Project cost: $4,058,000
What Problem Will This
The outdated traffic signals in this area were constructed in the 1970s/1980s and are due for replacement.
I’ve heard about changes to the number of lanes on Foster Road. Is that part of this project?
Will the travel lanes change at the intersection of 82nd Avenue and Foster Road?
- No, our project will only affect Foster Road at the intersection with 82nd Avenue. The City of Portland is planning changes to the travel lanes on Foster Road between SE 50th Avenue and SE 90th Avenue as part of the Foster Transportation and Streetscape Project. The Portland Bureau of Transportation is leading that project.
- Information on the Foster Transportation and Streetscape Project is available on PBOT’s website
- There will be no changes to the number of vehicle travel lanes at the intersection of 82nd Avenue and Foster Road. Foster Road will still have left-turn lanes, right-turn lanes, and through lanes at the 82nd Avenue intersection.
- The City’s plan shows Foster Road transitioning to one vehicle travel lane in each direction with a center turn lane approximately one block east and one block west of the 82nd Avenue intersection. The plan also adds bike lanes on Foster Road.
If you have questions or comments about this project, please contact Valerie Shea at 503-417-5402 or 82ndIntersections@masonbruce.com
Si desea obtener información sobre este proyecto traducida al español, sírvase llamar al 503-731-4128.
Если вы хотите, чтобы информация об этом проекте была переведена на русский язык, пожалуйста, звоните по телефону 503-731-4128.
Nếu quý vị muốn thông tin về dự án này được dịch sang tiếng Việt, xin gọi 503-731-4128.
이 프로젝트에 관한 한국어로 된 자료 신청방법 전화: 503-731-4128.