Improve the safety and lifespan of I-84 by:
- Resurfacing two sections of I-84 with new asphalt or removing ruts in concrete.
- Repaving Exit 10 eastbound on- and off-ramps.
- Repaving sections of the I-205 interchange.
- Resurfacing some bridges.
- Repairing or replacing bridge joints on several structures along I-84.
- Constructing new accessible sidewalk curb ramps at the NE 122nd Avenue on-ramp to I-84 east. This includes a crosswalk closure at the intersection.
- Reconfiguring the northbound signal at NE 238th Drive with two dedicated left-turn lanes onto I-84 west.
I-205 to 169th Avenue (Gresham) and from just east of 201st Avenue to Marine Drive (exit 17 in Troutdale).
Cost and Funding
Project cost : $14.2 million
highway surfaces improve safety for the 80,000 daily travelers by reducing risks caused by rutting,
especially during rain. The
asphalt sections were last repaved in 2010. Resurfacing bridges and
replacing bridge joints increases the safety and life of the structures.
Reconfiguring the signal on northbound 238th will improve safety by reducing
crashes. This intersection
has a history of crashes is one of a few locations in the region with this signal
set up. Updating the signal will bring it into compliance with current
standards and increase safety.
Over the next several years, we have many construction projects planned on I-84 between I-205 and Hood River, and on the Historic Columbia River Highway between Troutdale and Hood River.
View more information about upcoming work.
For ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) or Civil Rights Title VI accommodations, translation/interpretation services, or more information call 503-731-4128, TTY 800-735-2900 or Oregon Relay Service 7-1-1.
Podemos proveer la información en esta publicación en español. Para recibir la información en español, por favor llamé al (503) 731-4128.
Если вы хотите, чтобы информация об этом проекте была переведена на русский язык, пожалуйста, звоните по телефону 503-731-4128.
如果您想瞭解這個項目翻譯成 繁體中文 的相關資訊，請致電 503-731-4128.
이 프로젝트에 관한 한국어로 된 자료 신청방법 전화: 503-731-4128.
Nếu quý vị muốn thông tin về dự án này được dịch sang tiếng Việt, xin gọi 503-731-4128.