Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Appellate Division


The Appellate Division provides quality appellate representation to eligible individuals in criminal cases, parole cases, and juvenile dependency cases on direct appeal in the state appellate courts and, where appropriate, in the United States Supreme Court. 

Use this online form to refer a case for appeal. OPDC accepts online referrals to appeal from the following case types: criminal and contempt; juvenile dependency and termination of parental rights (TPR); juvenile delinquency; post-conviction and habeas corpus; and civil commitment. You should receive an email confirmation when a referral has been submitted. 

The Criminal Appellate Section of the Appellate Division receives online referrals for criminal and contempt cases. Refer parole appeals to the Appellate Division by U.S. Mail, telephone, or fax, to the address or telephone number in the Contact Information section of this page.

Except when the state has filed a notice of appeal, do not refer a case until after the defendant has been sentenced.

If the deadline to file a notice of appeal is less than five days away, you must ensure that the client’s right to appeal is not compromised by contacting the Appellate Division by telephone.

Start online form

Join an Appellate Panel

Cases for which OPDC is unable to provide representation due to conflict or capacity are referred to select experienced appellate practitioners that are members of the Oregon Criminal Appellate Panel or the Juvenile Appellate Panel.