Nehalem Bay State Park is located on a 4-mile sand spit. The campground sits among shore pines and is just a sand dune away from the beach. Two day-use areas offer access to the bay or the ocean and have restrooms and picnic areas with fire rings. Bayside day-use includes a boat ramp.
- Upgrade existing utilities and add restrooms/shower buildings.
Use will be limited in areas where improvements are planned; however, the improvements will be phased to reduce the number of areas affected at any one time. Major work will be completed during the off-season when possible.
- Final wetland delineation report
- Cultural resources survey
- Final cultural resources report.
- Schematic design for remaining project areas.
The current general bond obligation is $10-12 million.
Last updated December 2023. Additional updates as information becomes available.