Skip to main content

Environmental Protection Agency

Clean Air Act (CAA) Section 112r
The EPA requires facilities that produce, handle, process, distribute, or store certain chemicals to develop a Risk Management Program, prepare a Risk Management Plan (RMP), and submit the RMP to the EPA.  You are required if you possess a Threshold Quantity (TQ) of a substance found on the 112r list. Facilities in Oregon are required to identify whether or not they are subject to these requirements on the Oregon Hazardous Substance Inventory Report.
For More Information about 112r substances:
Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) in Oregon
The Federal Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA) Section 313 requires facilities to annually submit data on releases/transfers of certain toxic chemicals from industrial facilities to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the State. EPCRA also requires the data to be available to the public in the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI). The Pollution Prevention Act requires that additional data on waste management and source reduction activities be reported under TRI. The goal of TRI is to provide citizens with information about how companies and governments manage toxic chemicals. The Community Right to Know Unit of the Office of State Fire Marshal serves as the state recipient of TRI data. 

Facilities located in Oregon can now submit their TRI information to both U.S. EPA and the Oregon Community Right to Know Unit through the Federal Central Data Exchange (CDX) using the TRI-ME web application. CDX will automatically forward your data to Oregon. This method eliminates the need to generate a diskette or CD to mail separately to Oregon Community Right to Know.
TRI Reporting Forms and Instructions and related guidance documents:

​Community Right to Know
3565 Trelstad Ave SE
Salem, OR 97317
Hazardous Substance Hotlines

CR2K Help Desk Button