About the Initiative
The OSFM’s Response Ready Oregon initiative was created to bolster capacity and modernize wildfire response within the Oregon Fire Mutual Aid System (OFMAS). The goal of Response Ready Oregon is to attack fires while they are small and keep them away from communities.
As part of the Response Ready Oregon, the OSFM hired seven regional mobilization coordinators (RMCs). These RMCs are the local contact for fire chiefs for local response needs. For an interactive map with contact information, visit OSFM field staffing map.
RMCs collaborate with Fire Defense Board chiefs and fire chiefs to develop, administer, and maintain strategies and plans to improve the OFMAS.
Ways Response Ready Oregon helps local jurisdictions and Fire Defense Boards chiefs:
- Modernized systems and technology that support the Oregon Fire Mutual Aid System (OFMAS)
- Assist the Oregon fire service by creation and enhancements of local and regional mutual aid plans
- Assist Fire Defense Board chiefs during initial fire attack, fire assessment, and requests for conflagration, if necessary
- Fire season readiness reviews
- Assist with determining fire service gaps and needs
- Liaison with the emergency management community, ODF, and other state, tribal, and federal wildland fire partners
- Offer statewide training, safety, and planning to support the OFMAS