Using tobacco costs you more than just what you pay at the counter.
Your PEBB benefits give you comprehensive support to quit through no-cost access to Quit for Life:
- PEBB members who use tobacco have $25 deducted monthly from their pay to offset the known risks for health care costs they bring to their health plan. You can end the deduction when you quit (click here for the form to end the deduction).
- Members who use tobacco also have higher rates for optional life insurance. They can get the lower non-tobacco rate when they don't use tobacco for 12 months prior to the next Open Enrollment.
- Unlimited phone consultations with a trained quit coach who knows how tough it can be to quit and ways you can stay or get back on track
- Printed guides to help you plan and stick to a personalized quit program
- Private, online Web coaching
- Nicotine replacement therapy -patch or gum -sent right to your home
- Low-cost and no-cost coverage of prescribed medications to help you quit (buproprion and Chantix)
Many have been able to quit on their own, but the chances of being successful are eight times greater with support.
Whatever your reasons for wanting to quit, Call Quit for Life Today! 1-866-QUIT-4-LIFE (784-8454)* Or click here to enroll online.
*Kaiser Permanente Members: Call the "Talk With a Health Coach" service at 503-286-6816 or 1-866-301-3866 (toll free) and select option 2. They will guide you to your maximum benefits as a PEBB member in Kaiser Permanente.