iOS (Apple) Inspector App Must Be Updated - 7/25/2022
Urgent Notice for All Inspectors Using iOS (Apple) version of Oregon Inspector App – Please read and distribute.
NOTICE – Effective Tuesday July 26, 2022 the iOS (Apple) version 1.0.24 of the Oregon Inspector App will stop working. Any inspector currently using this version of the Oregon Inspector App on their Apple device must immediately install version 2.0. There are 3 different ways to update to version 2.0:
The reason the old version is expiring is due to Apple policy changes that are impacting our ability to publish apps to their App Store. We are working to resolve the issue with Apple, but we may be required to have all users install a separate App that allows the Oregon Inspector App to work on Apple devices. Please watch for further correspondence and instructions from us in the upcoming weeks on this issue.
This does NOT apply to Android devices, only Apple. For any questions or for assistance in upgrading to iOS version 2.0 of the Oregon Inspector App please contact the ePermitting Help Desk via phone 503-373-7396 or via our agency help desk by submitting a ticket to epermitshelp.BCD@dcbs.oregon.gov
New version of the Oregon ePermitting App for Contractors / Homeowners to be released July 5th, 2022 - 6/23/2022
The current Oregon Inspection Request app has been upgraded and renamed the Oregon ePermitting app. We have been adding and testing new tools and features on this app, and with all of the upgrades, it has moved past being just an inspection scheduling tool.
The new and improved Oregon ePermitting App offers the following features:
- Allows live video inspections between an inspector and the customer. Customers will be prompted to confirm their location before the video inspection begins.
- Allows customers, when requested, to upload pictures directly to their inspection for inspector review. Pictures are tagged with location data to allow for site location verification.
- Allows live messaging between the customer and the inspector that has been assigned the inspection without having to look up contact information.
- Delivers automatic notifications via the app when an inspection is resulted. Customers only have to search for the permit once to receive notifications. Customers will also receive notifications about future app updates and training opportunities.
- Provides all previous inspections and results in chronological order.
- Hosts instructional documents via a Document Hub that is accessed via a new Menu feature.
- Provides a direct link to the ePermitting Help Page with contact information and instructional how-to videos on using the app.
- Saves user contact information and autofill’s that information when requesting an inspection.
The Oregon ePermitting App will be available for both iOS and Android devices on their respective App stores starting Tuesday, July 5th, 2022. Virtual trainings will be hosted live starting the same day at 3 pm.
Juneteenth - 5/26/2022
State offices will be closed on Monday, June 20 in observance of the Juneteenth state holiday. If your agency will also be closed and not conducting inspections on that day, please submit a helpdesk ticket to block out June 20 on your inspection calendars. We will not be automatically blocking out the 20th.
Upcoming Accela 101 training
Our next Accela 101 training series will begin Tuesday, June 7. This is a recurrent, three-part series of presentations on the basics of using the Accela back office, hosted on Microsoft Teams.
Accela v21.2.5 Available in Config - 5/16/2022
The Accela 21.2.5 upgrade is now available in Config. We encourage all users to log in and test out the new features!
May 2022 Newsletter - 5/3/2022
In this issue you will find:
- Accela Inspector Apps NOT Supported by Oregon ePermitting
- New Oregon ePermitting App Coming Soon
- Accela Version Upgrade
- Reminder for Fee Increases/Changes Effective July 1
- Accela 101 Basics Training - New Series Beginning May 10, 2022
- OSM Changes from Last Month
- Update Browser Favorites
- Online Homeowner Applications
- Recent Changes Made to the Transaction Receipt
- Add/Remove User Request Form