Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Education Providers

image-provider page sub header

CCB pre-approves education providers who wish to offer continuing education opportunities to contractors. Providers can be private businesses, government agencies, community colleges and more. Government agencies and community colleges are pre-approved and do not need to seek additional approval from CCB.

image - accordian provider.jpg

Continuing Education (CE) Course Providers

is a list of organizations approved to offer continuing education to Oregon's
residential contractors. Visit the Course Catalog​​​​ to see approved providers and courses.

Accredited colleges/universities

The CCB accepts credits from accredited colleges and universities if:

  • The courses pertain to your business practices or your trade (Excel, accounting, computer skills, marketing, carpentry, etc.)
  • Courses are at least an hour in length.
  • You provide the CCB with a course completion certificate or transcript that includes the name of the course, when you completed the course and its length.Send these to

Government agencies

The CCB accepts course completion certificates from government agencies within the U.S.

image - accordian provider login.jpg

Existing provider?

Provider login​​​

Not a provider yet?

Apply to be a provider, Start the process by creating an account.

image - accordian course approval.jpg

Submitting a course for approval

  1. Log in to your Education Provider account

  2. Click Education Provider Menu tab

  3. Under the Manage Courses/Classes tab, click the New Course Application form

  4. Complete form

You will receive an email listing documents the agency needs. Your course will be reviewed as soon as we have all required documents.  

​​Education Section


image - accordian become a provider.jpg

Want to become a continuing education provider?

The Construction Contractors Board must approve all continuing education providers and the individual classes they offer to residential contractors. 

Apply to offer residential continuing education

Applicants fill out an online application to become a provider (see "How to apply" at the bottom of this page). Once approved, you submit individual courses for approval.

All residential contractors must take five hours of  courses every two-year renewal period. Additionally, they must take three hours of laws and regulations courses from the CCB. 

Contractors that have less than six years experience (and whose responsible managing individual also has less than six years experience) must take an additional eight hours of courses.

Approved topics:

  • Building codes
  • Safety
  • Construction business practices, including bidding and estimating
  • Business law
  • Marketing and customer service
  • Accounting 
  • Trade-specific subjects (such as roofing, excavation, etc.)
  • Energy efficiency courses
  • Environmental hazards (lead, asbestos, radon, mold, etc.)

Other requirements

  • Be registered to do business in Oregon  
  • Explain in writing how you resolve complaints by students, including length of time to contact complainant and method of response. 
  • Explain in writing the process for canceling or refunding requests from students. If you do not permit cancellations or refunds, state that in writing. Explain how the policy is ​provided to students. 
  • Describe attendance verification procedures. 
  • Employ or contract with instructors who have at least four years' work experience or four years of education, or any combination of both, in the subject that they instruct. 
  • Notify the agency within 24 hours if you change or add course types or if you change or add instructors.  
  • Provide course completion certificates to students. Certificates must include your name, the date the course was taken and how many hours of credit were awarded. 
  • Education providers can upload course completion information to the CCB. Or, contractors can submit course completion certificates to​. Contractors must have their CCB license number on the certificate or include it in the email to the CCB.
  • Maintain records available for agency to inspect for at least six years.

How to apply

  • Create an online account with the CCB.
  • You will then receive an email with further instructions​.
  • Once you are approved as a provider, you will see a link called new course application form. This asks  for basic information such as the course name and description, cost (the CCB does not regulate how much you charge), how many hours it will entail, how many times a year it will be offered, etc.
  • Once you submit that  information electronically, the CCB will send an email outlining any additional documents we need to approve the course.
  • Once you provide the final documents, we will notify you that your course is approved and issue a course ID number.
  • Your course will be added to our Course Catalog with a link to additional information, including your website. Students sign up and pay through you.
  • When contractors take courses, we will credit the contractor’s education record.​​​



Existing provider?

Apply to be a provider

image - accordian roster upload.jpg

How to upload course rosters

You will need to log into your CCB account for this process.

Information needed:

  • Provider ID #

  • Class ID #

  • Class date

  • Student’s legal last name

  • Student’s legal first name

  • CCB license number

  • Business name  of the CCB Licensee

  • Student status  (O=Owner; E=Employee; L=Leased employee)

  • Student email address

​Under Manage Students tab

  • Choose Add a class roster

  • From the dropdown box, enter the course you want to upload student information for 

Two options to upload student information 


  1. Enter the information in spaces provided. Be sure to complete the information required in the correct cell. 

  2. Press Submit

  3. When done, click the verify button 

By class 

  • Enter the student information on the Student Upload Record Form. Located:​

  • Be sure to complete the information required in the correct cell. 

  • Only one class (course) per sheet.

  • Copy all the cells (but not the title cells), and paste the information into the Import from Excel tab. From a PC, a quick method to select all is to hold the control key and press A. 

  • Check the box certifying the records are complete and accurate.

  • Press validates.

  • Once all records are accepted (and corrected if needed), press the verify button.

Entry Error 

Incorrect or missing information will be highlighted:

Red: Means the record cannot be submitted as entered and must be corrected.
Means that the record contains either missing or duplicate information but can be submitted.

Students with more than one license

Enter the student information for each license. The information (except the license number, name and status) must match exactly. ​​​​​​​

Education Section

image - accordian pre-license ed.jpg

Pre-license education

Home inspector education

This program is for people who want to become home inspector contractors and must complete training and pass a test before applying for a license.
  • Home inspector education provider application.
  • See who is approved to offer home inspector education training.​