CLICK HERE TO RENEW
LPCs, LMFTs, and Registered Interns sign into the renewal system by entering your last name, license/intern number and the last four digits of your social security number. You may pay your renewal fee online using your VISA or MasterCard.
- License renewal occurs annually, and is due by the last day of the licensee's birth month.
- Intern registration renewal occurs annually following an intern's initial registration. Renewal is due each year by the first day of the month of initial registration.
- When your renewal time approaches, the Board will send you a courtesy renewal email reminder that explains the process. However, it is the responsibility of the licensee/intern to renew on time. Do not wait until the last minute to renew!
- Keep your email address updated with the Board. Not only is it required by rule, but it will help ensure you receive your courtesy renewal reminder and other messages from the Board.
- All renewal requirements must be timely received by the Board in order to renew a license:
- Fully completed renewal form (completion of online renewal), including your explanation to any "yes" response to the character & fitness questions;
- Full renewal payment, including the OHA survey fee;
- Continuing education information (and only in the event of an audit, full documentation of CE compliance);
- Updated Professional Disclosure Statement (if changes are needed); and
- Completion of the Health Care Workforce Data Questionnaire.
- Late renewals must pay a delinquent fee within the allotted grace period in addition to the other renewal requirements.
- Interns: Grace period is after the first day of the month but within the renewal month.
- Licensees: Grace period is the month following the renewal month.
- Licensees/Interns that do not complete all of the renewal requirements within their grace period will lapse, and must reapply for licensure and be reauthorized by the Board in order to practice again. There are no exceptions. It is unlawful to practice with a lapsed license or internship.
Has My Renewal Processed Yet?
Renewals are typically processed within 2-4 weeks, but it may take longer if you use the paper renewal method or have an atypical renewal. Once renewed, your updated license/internship expiration date will display on the licensee lookup. Please note that even if a license appears to be expired because it shows past the expiration date, it may still be processing. Also, there is a one-month grace period for late payments (see above), so a license remains valid during the month following the renewal month. After that, the status will show "Lapsed."
Paper Renewal Form
As an alternative to online renewal, a paper renewal option is available. Please note that this method takes additional time to process. Forms must be postmarked by the due date to avoid the delinquent fee, and must include all items needed for licensure renewal.