NOTICE: The Board has transitioned to a new online renewal system. Click here for more the information for the new Licensee Portal.
CLICK HERE TO RENEW*
*Your account will not display a balance owing until after you have completed your renewal questionnaire and healthcare survey.
You will receive an initial renewal notice 45 days before your due date. Paper renewal is no longer an option.
The Board no longer sends paper or digital license copies. Licensees must log into the Licensee Portal to download a digital wallet card. Registered associates do not receive wallet cards.
- License renewal occurs annually, and is due by the last day of the licensee's birth month.
- Associate registration renewal occurs annually following an initial registration. Renewal is due each year by the first day of the month of initial registration.
- When your renewal time approaches, the Board may send you a courtesy renewal reminder that explains the process. However, it is the responsibility of the licensee/registered associate to renew on time. Do not wait until the last minute to renew!
- Keep your email address updated with the Board. Not only is it required by rule, but it will help ensure you receive your courtesy renewal reminder and other messages from the Board.
- All renewal requirements must be timely received by the Board in order to renew a license:
- Fully completed renewal form (completion of online renewal), including your explanation to any "yes" response to the character & fitness questions;
- Full renewal payment, including the OHA survey fee;
- Updated Professional Disclosure Statement (if changes are needed); and
- Completion of the Health Care Workforce Data Questionnaire.
- Late renewals must pay a delinquent fee within the allotted grace period in addition to the other renewal requirements.
- Registered Associates: Grace period is after the first day of the month but within the renewal month.
- Licensees: Grace period is the month following the renewal month.
- Licensees/Registered Associates that do not complete all of the renewal requirements within their grace period will lapse, and must reapply for licensure and be reauthorized by the Board in order to practice again. There are no exceptions. It is unlawful to practice with a lapsed license or associate registration.
When Do I Report CEs?
- Continuing Education documentation:
- Audited licensees are not notified during renewal;
- If you are selected for the 2022 random audit, you will receive a separate notice from the board;
- Only in the event of an audit, will you be required to report full documentation of CE compliance.
Has My Renewal Processed Yet?
Renewals are typically processed immediately, but it may take longer if you have an atypical renewal. Once renewed, your updated license/registration expiration date will display on the Online License Search. Please note that even if a license appears to be expired because it shows past the expiration date, it may still be processing. Also, there is grace period for late payments (see above), so a license remains valid during the month following the renewal month. After that, the status will show "Expired."
Method of Payment
You may pay by card or electronic check with your online renewal. Cash and checks are not accepted.