Beginning at American Drive and extending to the south city limits, this improvement project will cover nearly a mile and pass through downtown Halsey.
Proposed improvements include:
- Repairing or replace damaged concrete panels under highway asphalt.
- Adding travel and bike lanes.
- Connecting the existing sidewalks within city limits.
- Upgrading pedestrian crossings to current ADA standards.
- Installing stormwater treatment facilities.
- Streetscaping to calm traffic on the highway through downtown.
- Building intersections that accommodate truck traffic where appropriate.
At the completion of this project, roadway users will experience improved pedestrian and bike access to the downtown district.
OR 99E between Tangent and Harrisburg will undergo a pavement preservation project in 2020. Because the Halsey section of OR 99E is scheduled for construction in 2022, it will not be included in the 2020 preservation project. Please visit the project webpage for more information on the pavement preservation.
Meetings and Events
We appreciate your interest in this project. Please join us at one of our open houses or public meetings to learn about and comment on the project.
Upcoming public information opportunities:
Design: 2018 - 2021
Construction: Estimated to begin in 2022
American Drive to south city limits of Halsey
Cost and Funding
Estimated project cost is $15,355,745 for design and construction
Access for pedestrians, including those with disabilities, will be available and identified through or around work zones.