Beginning at American Drive and extending to the south city limits, this improvement project will cover nearly a mile and pass through downtown Halsey.
Proposed improvements include:
- Repairing or replace damaged concrete panels under highway asphalt.
- Adding travel and bike lanes.
- Connecting the existing sidewalks within city limits.
- Upgrading pedestrian crossings to current ADA standards.
- Installing stormwater treatment facilities.
- Streetscaping to calm traffic on the highway through downtown.
- Building intersections that accommodate truck traffic where appropriate.
At the completion of this project, roadway users will experience improved pedestrian and bike access to the downtown district.
Meetings and Events
We appreciate your interest in this project. We are planning to have a second online open house on this project in the fall of 2021. Please sign up for updates and an invitation to the open house.
Design: 2018 - 2021
Construction: Estimated to begin in 2022
American Drive to south city limits of Halsey
Cost and Funding
Estimated project cost is $15,355,745 for design and construction
Access for pedestrians, including those with disabilities, will be available and identified through or around work zones.