The interchange was designed and built when the surrounding area was still rural. The problems that will be addressed by this project are:
- The outdated interchange design creates merging and weaving issues on the two intersecting highways.
- This area has been identified as a high crash location by ODOT's Safety Priority Index System (SPIS) in 2012 and 2014.
Changes will be made to the Interchange Configuration
Travel will change through the interchange as ramps are improved:
- Loop ramp from eastbound Beltline to northbound Delta will be removed.
- Off-ramp from eastbound Beltline to southbound Delta will be reconfigured.
- Loop ramp from northbound Delta to westbound Beltline will be reconstructed.
- On-ramp from Goodpasture Island Road to northbound Delta will be reconfigured.
Construction has begun and is expected to last through 2021
Intersection of Beltline Highway and Delta Highway, milepost 10.5
Cost and Funding
Project Budget: $20 million
Construction: $13.5 million