Traffic Flow in the interchange:
The interchange is complete, please use caution moving through the area as everyone gets used to the new traffic flow.
Project Details and History
The interchange was designed and built when the surrounding area was still rural. The problems that will be addressed by this project are:
- The outdated interchange design creates merging and weaving issues on the two intersecting highways.
- This area has been identified as a high crash location by ODOT's Safety Priority Index System (SPIS) in 2012 and 2014.
This project was identified through the
2014 Beltline Facility Plan
and is designed to work with improvements outlined in the plan. Learn more
about the other planning efforts underway for Beltline between River Road and Delta Highway.
Changes made to the Interchange Configuration
Travel will change through the interchange as ramps are improved:
- Loop ramp from eastbound Beltline to northbound Delta will be removed.
- Off-ramp from eastbound Beltline to southbound Delta will be reconfigured.
- Loop ramp from northbound Delta to westbound Beltline will be reconstructed.
- On-ramp from Goodpasture Island Road to northbound Delta will be reconfigured.
Construction is completed
Intersection of Beltline Highway and Delta Highway, milepost 10.5
Cost and Funding
Project Budget: $20 million
Construction: $13.5 million
including those with disabilities, will have access through or around
the work zone.