During the daytime, one lane of traffic, each direction, will be open to traffic. Expect delays. The speed in the work zone has been reduced from 45 mph to 40 mph.
What we're working on now:
Signal and future rectangular rapid flashing beacons work during the day with shoulder closures and intermittent lane restrictions.
Day time utility road adjustments sidewalk work with lane closures.
Expect steel plates.
We may be constructing more than one area at the same time. We don't plan to have any full road closures, expect single lane closures with flagging. Paving will be done at night.
Work hours by area breakdown:
Michigan City Lane to Wallace Road Park & Ride
- Between 9:00 p.m. Sunday and 12:00 p.m. Friday (open weekends)
Wallace Road Park & Ride to Orchardview Avenue
- Daily, Monday through Thursday, between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Friday, between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
- Nightly, Sunday night through Friday morning, between 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
Orchardview Avenue to Edgewater Street Northbound Lanes
- Nightly, Sunday night through Friday morning, between 8:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
Orchardview Avenue to Edgewater Street Southbound Lanes
- Nightly, Sunday night through Friday morning, between 6:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.
For the most up to date information, visit TripCheck.
To learn about other projects constructing this year, view our interactive map.
Pedestrians, including those with disabilities, will have access through or around work zones.