Skip to main content

Special Event Licensing

Do you need to license your Special Event?

A liquor license is needed at special events where:

  • Alcohol will be sold.
  • Alcohol is available (but not being sold), and you are charging or accepting donations of for admission, or where payment is required to attend the event.

A liquor license is not needed at special events where: 

  • You are making alcohol available, but there is no payment or purchase required, and no donations of money are accepted, for alcohol, or for entry/admission, or for any other product or service. An example is a wedding reception where you make alcohol available, but you don't require payment or purchase and don't accept donations of money.

Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how