Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Online Service Permits
​                          Service Permit Portal

Alcohol Service Permits & Server Education  


Alcohol service permit applications are now processed exclusively through the portal. With the application portal, alcohol service permit applicants can:
  • Create an account
  • Submit an application
  • Take the alcohol server permit test
  • Pay with credit/debit card
This change only affects the application and test. You are still required to take an in-person or online Alcohol Server Education Class.  Most in-person Alcohol Server Education providers will offer assistance with applications and support for students who need computer or internet assistance. Note: The Service Permit Application fee and Alcohol Server Education Class fee are separate fees.
If you have an application in the new system, but took the class prior to May 1, 2018, please call 503-872-5200 or email olcc.servicepermits@oregon.gov so that we can consolidate your records.
Getting your Alcohol Service Permit is a TWO-PART Process

1) Complete the Application Using the Portal

2) Take an In-Person or Online Class (separate fee) AND return to OLCC's web portal to take the test




online portal button.jpg 





User Guide: Alcohol Service Permit Application and Test 
This guide will provide step-by-step instructions to create an account, complete, submit, and pay for a service permit application, 
access and complete the alcohol server education test, and print your permit. 

Eligibility Requirements  
For TEST ONLY Applicants​
Some liquor licensees and business representatives are required to take and pass the Alcohol Server Education test, but are not required to submit an application.   
Alcohol Server Education - CLASSES & PROVIDERS​
Server Education Class Calendars (For In-Person Classes) 
Use these monthly calendars if you want to take a class in-person. 

Server Education Providers/Trainers  
These companies provide Alcohol Server Education classes. Find the counties they teach in, offer classes in other languages, and how to contact them to register for a class.



REPLACING Your Service Permit
  • You can replace your unexpired permit if your permit was lost or stolen.
  • There is no fee for a replacement card.
  • If you have submitted an application through the portal, log into your account to reprint a valid Alcohol Service Permit free of charge.
  • If you have not submitted an application through the portal, but need a copy of your Alcohol Service Permit, contact our office at 503-872-5200 or email olcc.servicepermits@oregon.gov for a free copy of your permit. 


RENEWING Your Service Permit​
  • Every five years you are required to reapply for an Alcohol Service Permit. Since we are no longer taking paper applications, please create an account in the Alcohol Service Permit Portal to reapply.
  • You may reapply up to six months prior to expiration. Your Alcohol Service Permit is good for five years from the date of issuance. 
  • In order to reapply for your service permit, you are also required to take an approved Alcohol Server Education class. A separate renewal class is no longer being offered. To renew your permit, take a class from an in-person or online Alcohol Server Eduation Provider. 



For more information about Alcohol Service Permits, please contact:
503-872-5200 in Portland
or 1-800-452-6522, ext. 25200

For more information about Alcohol Server Education, please contact: 
503-872-5133 or 503-872-5114 in Portland
 or 1-800-452-6522, ext. 25133/25114