Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Individual Reciprocal Registration


  • Possess an active architectural certificate of registration or license from another Board recognized jurisdiction 
  • Transmit an active Certificate issued by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) OR Submit official (i.e., provided to the Board by the granting authority) documentary evidence of all the following: 
    • A professional degree in architecture from a program accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) or the Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB), or a professional degree in architecture certified by the CACB from a Canadian University 
    • Passing the ARE or the examination equivalents to the ARE as listed in the July 2022 NCARB Certification Guidelines, available at 
    • Completion of the NCARB AXP program, or two years of practice in architecture in a Board recognized jurisdiction after initial registration or licensure 
  • NOTE: An architect that provides architectural services under any name other than their individual name registered with the Board followed by the title “Architect” must also register as a firm with OSBAE and the Oregon Secretary of State. For example, sole proprietors that operate as an LLC must also be registered as a firm with OSBAE.


  1. Submit a complete Registration by Reciprocity Application to
  2. Pay the Application fee AND Certificate of Registration fee via check or ONLINE 
  3. Pass the Oregon Jurisprudence Exam (JE) – information regarding this exam will be provided upon completion of the application and payment of the application fee 

Application form

Registration by Reciprocity Application