Training for Certified Local Public Agencies (CLPA) Purpose
The purpose of Certification training is to provide Certification Program global and specific process information to support the successful delivery of Certified Local Public Agency projects. Objectives
- Clarify Local Public Agency and ODOT staff Certification Program roles and responsibilities
- Discuss how the Certification Program fulfills ODOT's stewardship responsibilities to FHWA
- Provide an overview of governing laws, regulations and directives required by individual disciplines to deliver federally funded projects
- Provide process information and schedules for ODOT and Local Public Agency staff to develop CLPA projects
- Provide overview of existing Certified Local Public Agency project delivery references and tools e.g. LAG manual, checklists, Quick Reference Guide, desk procedures, etc.
- Solicit input for Certification Program improvement
Upcoming classes are currently under development. Please contact Mark Foster for more information.
Who will be attending?
Certification Training is invitation only training focused on ODOT and Local Public Agency staff that deal directly with delivery of Certified Local Public Agency projects. ODOT Local Agency Liaisons (LALs) from Regions 1, 2 & 3; ODOT discipline specific staff responsible for approval and/or oversight of specific elements of Certified Local Public Agency projects; and staff from Local Public Agencies participating in the Certification Program will be invited to attend.
Previous Certification Training Presentations
Session # 1 March 3, 2011
– Certification Program Overview
Certification Training Relationships
Certification Training Quiz
Session # 2 March 17, 2011– Key Agreements & Funding
Procedures for Processing Supplemental Project Agreements
Session # 3 March 29, 2011
City and State Indemnifications
Certified Local Agency Master & Supplemental Project Agreements
Certified Agency Performing Work For Non-Certified Agency
– A&E Consultant Procurement
Local Public Agency A&E Procurement Requirements
Session # 4 April 14, 2011
– Design Elements
Highway Utility Program Overview
To see videos of the Design Elements training, click here!
Local Agency Bridge Design
Acquiring R/W on Federally Funded Projects for LPA's
Past Presentations (2007-2008)
Thank you to everyone who attended our 2007-2008 Certification Workshops in Portland, Roseburg and Corvallis. Your participation made the workshops a success! Here are some PowerPoint presentations from past Certification Workshops.
Here are the PowerPoint presentations from the Certification Workshops.
Certification Program Overview
Federal Funds for Local Agencies
Getting Certified in Consultant Selection
The Administration of Federal-Aid Projects by Local Public Agencies
City of Portland
Oregon Local Program Committee Meeting July 27, 2007