During the 2011 Legislative Assembly, the legislature authorized the Oregon Department of Revenue (DOR) and the Oregon Film & Video Office under HB 3672 to conduct an auction of tax credits to benefit the Oregon Production Investment Fund.
We're auctioning 12,000 increments of $500 tax credit certificates.
Businesses and individuals with an Oregon income tax liability may bid on the certificates. If you can't use all of the tax credit on your 2013 tax return, you may carry the unused amount forward for up to three years. You can't transfer the credits to anyone else.
Online bidding begins at 9 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on July 8, 2013. It ends at 5 p.m. PDT, on July 17, 2013. We won't accept any bids before or after that time. Payments need to be received in a Department of Revenue office by 5 p.m. PDT, July 24, 2013.
How to bid
1. The earlier you bid the better. If there is a tie, the earliest bid will win.
- After you hit the submit button, file or print the next page for your records.
- You may bid as many times as you like. If you submit multiple bids, certificates will be issued for all winning bids. You can't change your bid after you submit it.
- Minimum bid is $475 per increment.
- To place a bid, select the appropriate link (Note: the links will not be available until the auction begins at 9 a.m. on July 8, 2013):
2. After you submit your bid and receive confirmation that we received it, you must send us:
- Payment for the full amount of your bid; and
- A completed Tax Credit Auction form.
- You must submit a form and full payment for each bid.
- Your payment must be a cashier's check, certified check, or money order made payable to Oregon Department of Revenue.
- We must receive the form and your payment in a Department of Revenue office by 5 p.m. PDT, July 24, 2013.
Your bid will be invalidated if:
- Your payment and form are late.
- Your payment isn't for the full amount.
- You don't include the form with your payment, or the form is incomplete.
If your bid is not successful, we'll return your payment to the address you provide on the Tax Credit Aution form.
Other important points to remember:
- When you buy your money order, cashier's check, or certified check for the bid amount, make sure you can easily recover your funds if we return your check. You may want to buy a money order from the U.S. Postal Service because their money orders can easily be re-issued. Make sure your cashier's check, certified check, or money order is made payable to Oregon Department of Revenue.
- If you mail your form and payment, mail it early enough so that we receive it by the deadline. You may also take your auction form and payment to any Department of Revenue office.
- Oregon Film & Video Office will issue the tax credit certificates in the name listed on the Tax Credit Auction form.
- Contributions made through this auction will be deposited in the Oregon Production Investment Fund.
- For more information on auction rules, bidding steps, deadlines, and payments, see the Tax Credit Auction form.
E-mail us at: email@example.com.