North East Area Commission on Transportation
|North East ACT|
About the ACT
Area: Covers Morrow, Baker, Union, Umatilla and Wallowa counties and the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation (CTUIR).
History: Provisional Charter approved by OTC on June 20, 2002. Permanent Charter approved by OTC on August 19, 2004.
Membership: 20 voting members
One member of the commission from each county (5).
One member representing and selected by the cities of each county (5).
Two representatives of the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation to be appointed by the Board of Trustees of the CTUIR.
One at-large representative from each county (5)
Three representatives: one transit, one bike/ped, one freight.
ODOT Region 5 Area Manager.
- Representatives of adjacent ACTs
- Eastern Oregon member of the Oregon Transportation Commission.
- Representative of the Oregon Department of Aviation.
- North East Region Community Solutions Team (1).
- State legislators representing districts in the region.
- Local congressional aides.
- Representatives of each county road or road district and planning departments (10).
- Representatives of regional groups that have an interest in transportation issues, such as housing advocates, investment boards, law enforcement agencies, etc.
Leadership: Chair and Vice-Chair serve a three-year term.
Staffing: Staffing will be provided by the ODOT Region 5 Area Manager and Local Agency Program.
Work Plan 2010 - 2012
- NEACT will provide a forum for local government agencies and the private sector to discuss, understand and coordinate long-range transportation issues affecting the northeast Oregon region.
- NEACT will collaborate on the development process and application of criteria for determining transportation infrastructure, capital investments and project prioritization in the northeast Oregon region.
- NEACT will make recommendations to the OTC on priorities for state transportation infrastructure and capital investments through the development of an implementation strategy. This will be based on staff recommendations through technical committees and appropriate state and transportation plans.
- NEACT will advocate northeast Oregon regional transportation issues to the public, neighboring regions, area legislators and other interested organizations.
- NEACT will advise the OTC on state and regional policies affecting the northeast Oregon region’s transportation system.
- NEACT will provide a forum for communicating, learning and understanding transportation issues as they affect the Area’s economic opportunities and livability. Topics will include:
- Transportation System Plan Reviews.
- ODOT modernization project reviews.
- Status and content of current and future STIP projects in Baker, Union, Umatilla, Morrow, and Wallowa counties and the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation (CTUIR)
- Continue education on Transportation funding, programs and processes as they relate to the NEACT area.
- NEACT will prioritize area modernization project recommendations for the Development STIP and Construction STIP based on state and local transportation plans related to the NEACT area.
- NEACT will make recommendation to ODOT regarding special funding opportunities and programs.
- NEACT will communicate and coordinate Regional priorities with other organizations, including the following:
- Other ODOT Regions and ACTs
- Community Solution Team
- Regional Partnerships and Region Investment Boards
- ODOT advisory committees
- NEACT will continue to consider all modes and aspects of the Transportation System in formulating recommendations, taking into account the provision of elements and connections between air, marine, rail, highway, trucking, transit, bicycle and pedestrian facilities.
- NEACT will continue to provide documentation to the OTC of the public process and resulting recommendations forwarded by the NEACT, including alternatives for solutions and outcomes of decisions.
- NEACT will provide a report to the Oregon Transportation Commission at least once every two years.
c/o ODOT Region 5 Office
3012 Island Avenue
La Grande, Oregon 97850-9497
ODOT Region 5
Meetings are scheduled bi-monthly on the first Thursday of the month at the ODOT Region 5 Headquarters Building at 9 a.m.
NEACT Administrative Support
Phone: (541) 963-3179
|Agendas and Minutes|
|Northwest Oregon |
Lower John Day
South Central Oregon