Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon » Homepage

Cannabis Information

Oregon's Alcohol and Drug Policy Commission is not involved in regulating the production, marketing, or use of cannabis ("marijuana"). Other departments of Oregon state government handle those things.

Here are some links to help you find what you are looking for:

  • For questions about growing and marketing hemp ("industrial hemp"), the Oregon Department of Agriculture has answers: Industrial Hemp
  • For questions related to cannabis product safety, pesticides, agricultural water quality, again the Oregon Department of Agriculture is your contact: Cannabis (marijuana).
  • For a list of accredited testing labs in Oregon and the laboratory accrediting process, see Cannabis Testing.
  • For health alerts related to testing for pesticides found in retail cannabis, visit the Oregon Health Authority's: Marijuana Health Alerts.
  • Oregon's Legislature passed House Bill 4094, which was enacted into law on April of 2016. This new statute removes state criminal liability from (state-chartered) banks and (state-chartered) credit unions that do business with legal cannabis businesses. It has no effect on federal law or federally-chartered banks, however. This new state law also required the Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services (DCBS) to report, by the end of 2016, its analysis of additional changes in laws or regulations that might enable legal cannabis-related businesses to have better access to banking services. Here is a link to their report.
  • For questions about getting licensed so you can start a cannabis business, check the Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC).
  • The Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC) has info for consumers with questions on the what's legal in Oregon website.
  • Information about the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP) is available from the Oregon Health Authority.
  • If you're in the cannabis business, and you want information about paying your taxes, the Oregon Department of Revenue has it.
  • Information about public health and cannabis or cannabis use prevention for children and teenagers, is available from the Oregon Health Authority.