Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Parks Program

The division works with building officials, technical committees, advisory boards, and the public to adopt, amend, and interpret codes and standards for the construction, enlargement, or alteration of manufactured dwelling parks, or recreation parks and camps.

The Parks Program governs the "area development" permit of park construction projects. For example: layout of spaces, park roads and streets; space separation; setbacks from property boundaries; etc. Permits for buildings, structures, the installation of utilities like plumbing or electrical, are permitted and reviewed under separate permitting processes. Other government regulatory programs may also be involved.

Manufactured dwelling parks

Standards for the construction, enlargement, or alteration of manufactured dwelling parks are adopted in Chapter 10 of the 2002 Oregon Manufactured Dwelling & Park Specialty Code (OMD&P), as established in OAR Chapter 918, Division 600. Other provisions of this code that do not pertain to the scope of manufactured dwelling park construction, enlargement, or alteration are no longer valid.

2002 Oregon Manufactured Dwelling and Parks Specialty Code (OMD&P)
(including amendments effective April 1, 2005)

The provisions of the OMD&P do not apply to the installation of manufactured dwellings. See the 2010 Oregon Manufactured Dwelling Installation Specialty Code (OMDISC) for installation requirements. 

Manufactured dwelling park owners that also sell manufactured dwellings can find additional information about being a manufactured dwelling dealer at the Division of Financial Regulation.

Recreation parks and camps

Standards for the construction, enlargement, or alteration of recreation parks and camps are adopted in OAR Chapter 918, Division 650.

The following administrative rule tables apply to recreation parks and camps.

Contact a code specialist

Program activities

Permit services

Permits, plan review, and inspection services for are provided by the local building department.

Find your local building department