Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Reciprocal licenses

Reciprocate your license

The division will accept a reciprocal license only from a reciprocating state in which the applicant has tested.

Incomplete applications will result in delays in processing. Application fees are non-refundable.

Individuals interested in obtaining a reciprocal license need to complete the
Reciprocal License Application .

Washington applicants: To apply for an Oregon reciprocal license you must have obtained your Washington Journeyman license through an Oregon or Washington apprenticeship program.

The following are the licenses and the states where there is a reciprocity agreement with the State of Oregon. 

Journeyman Plumbers (JP)

General Journeyman Electrician (J)

Reciprocity applicants must have qualified to take the examination for their journeyman electrician certificate of competency or license by completing four (4) years of electrical apprenticeship vocational education (576 classroom hours minimum) and completing a minimum of four (4) years (8,000 hours) in the electrical trade under the direct supervision of a licensed journeyman electrician.

General Supervising Electrician (S)