Each client and their family work directly with a CIIS program services coordinator to develop a comprehensive plan to address the client’s specific disability needs. With the plan in
place, the service coordinator assists the family in gaining access to supports. Learn more about Individual Support Plans.
Examples of CIIS Supports
Some examples of supports that CIIS clients might receive:
- In-home caregiver supports
- Medical or sensory equipment
- Adaptive technology
- Professional consultation and training from a Registered Nurse or
- Accessibility modifications to a child’s home or vehicle
- Family Training
- Specialized supplies
- Skilled nursing supports in the home (Medically Fragile program only)
Services and Items not Covered by CIIS
The program does not provide funding for any item or service that
duplicates that which could be paid for by insurance or other resources.
CIIS supports are intended to supplement, not replace, the supports
available to our clients from their families, communities, schools and
other public or private agencies. CIIS funding will not be provided for any
item or procedure that may present a danger to the child or that is not in
compliance with state and federal law.