Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Oregon Department of Human Services Search Site

Request an Exception

You can request an exception if you believe you need services or items above the identified service limits.

You can request an exception in the following ways:

​If you need the form in an alternate format, email ​​.

Give i​t to your services coordinator or personal agent to send to us.

You can also send your request directly to us at:

Attn: Exceptions Coordinator
500 Summer St NE, E09
Salem, OR 97301

Fax: 503-373-7274

Email: odds.fundingreview​

​Once we receive your exception request at ODDS, we will confirm via email that we got it. ODDS staff members who know about the service or items you requested will review your request.

We will talk to your services coordinator or personal agent about your needs and ask for information about your request. We will always ask for a copy of your assessment and Individual Service Plan.

We will make a decision within 45 days of getting your completed request.​

If we need more information to make a decision, we will send you and your services​ coordinator or personal agent an email. In this case, it might take longer than 45 days to get a decision.

When ODDS agrees with your request, we will contact you and your services coordinator or personal agent with a letter to tell you the decision. They can help you get the service or item added to your Individual Support Plan or they can help you start the process to receive the item or service.

If we disagree with your request, we will send you a letter called a ​Notification of Planned Action (form 0947). The Notification of Planned Action will tell you:

  • What service is being denied, reduced, suspended ​or terminated
  • The date the action will take effect
  • The reason for the action
  • What Oregon Administrative Rule applies to the decision
  • That you have the right to ask for an administrative hearing and appeal the decision

If you disagree with the decision you can request a hearing.