Agenda & board packet (printable)
Field tour itinerary
The Board is scheduled to meet in person on Wednesday, November 16, and Thursday, November 17, 2022, in Seaside, Oregon. The November 16 meeting will be livestreamed and offer an opportunity for live testimony. The Board will have limited time scheduled for live testimony, but written testimony is always welcome. The evening of November 16, the Board will host a community social, open to the public. The field tour on November 17 is organized to be held on location with no virtual access. The tour itinerary will be released before the event, and recordings will likely be available post-tour. Van seats are full as of Nov.14, 2022.
- Live testimony is available for item #1. Public testimony sign-up is closed as of 5 p.m. Nov. 11, 2022.
- Consent agenda and work session asterisked (*) items are not open for public testimony.
- Written testimony can be submitted on information items or tour stops and can be sent by mail or email at email@example.com.
- Written testimony sent 72 hours before the meeting will give the Board time to review and consider the information. Any testimony submitted after that window of time will be sent to the Board after the meeting but entered into the record and posted online. The Board will be accepting written testimony on this agenda's topics until November 30.
You must sign up to provide live testimony. Advanced sign-up opens on November 4 and closes at 5 p.m. on November 11.
To sign up, email the Board Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include:
- your name,
- organization (if affiliated),
- email address,
- agenda item number or focus of testimony, and
- preference to provide oral testimony by computer or in person.
An email to confirm your registration will be sent. Additional instructions and a Zoom link will be provided the day before the meeting.
Consent Agenda Items
Item #1 State Forester, Board Member, and Public Comments
Item #2 State Forests Endangered Species Management Plan for Marbled Murrelets
Item #3 *Adoption of Certified Burn Manager Rules
Item #4 Climate Smarter Forestry
Item #5 Forest Trust Land Advisory Committee Testimony
Item #6 Western Oregon State Forests Habitat Conservation Plan Outcomes
Item #7 State Forests Branding
Item #8 Fire Season Summary
Item #9 Macias Gini O'Connell Implementation Management Plan Progress
Item #10 Board Closing Comments and Meeting Wrap Up
*Executive Session - To consult with counsel concerning the legal rights and duties of a public body with regard to current litigation or litigation likely to be filed, pursuant to ORS 192.660 (2) (h).