Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Oregon Department of Human Services Search Site

Join the Home Care Workforce

Do you have a passion for helping others?

Consider becoming a homecare worker (HCW), personal support worker (PSW) or personal care attendant (PCA).

  • HCWs support older adults and people with disabilities in their own homes.
  • PSWs support children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, or adults experiencing mental illness, in their own homes and communities.
  • PCAs support individuals experiencing behavioral health conditions.

You must be at least 18 years old, pass a background check and be legally able to work in the United States.

Start a career that matters

Workforce development website

Visit our Workforce Development website to learn more about each position, how to join our workforce, career opportunities and more.

Our website features:

  • Benefits information
  • Testimonial videos from consumers, homecare workers, and personal support workers who share the importance and value of receiving and providing in-home services
  • Instruction on how and where to apply to join the workforce
  • The documents needed to apply
  • An interactive career lattice that describes your career advancement opportunities