Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Frequently Asked Questions


Any employee of a public agency that focuses on road work and transportation.

Yes, technical service is part of what we do. Call or email us. We will answer your questions or we will research and find out who you need to talk to for you.


Yes. For most classes we require a 10-person minimum. However, if scheduled far enough in advance, we can help you fill the class with participants from neighboring agencies.

Nothing. Our circuit rider classes are offered free of charge to Oregon public agencies that have road or transportation responsibilities. We provide the instructor and class materials and pay the instructor’s travel expenses. You just need to provide the classroom space and in some cases specialized equipment, such as a forklift for forklift training or a truck for the pre-trip inspection class.

We do provide customized training and referrals to experts!  Please call us to discuss your needs, and if we can’t provide the training, we will do our best to direct you to someone who can. 

For liability purposes, each agency needs to keep track of their own employees’ training. If you have a question about what has been taken, please give our office a call.

If you are employed with a public agency (city, county, tribe, etc.) you can request a flagging class be brought to your agency or look at our training calendar and contact us to register for one already being offered.

If you are not employed with a public agency, contact Chemeketa Community College at (503) 399-5181.

Currently, the T2 Center provides all their classes free of charge. When our classes are offered as part of a conference sponsored by another organization, such as American Public Works Association, that organization generally charges a fee to cover the costs of the facility, meals, and staff. The T2 Center does not receive any of the funds.

Better! Most of the conferences offer a few full scholarships to each session. Some even cover travel costs. See the conference host's website for details.

Roads Scholar Program

We have wallet sized cards available for scholars to keep track of their completed training. We will gladly send you one or a supply to your agency. 

We can also provide you with a transcript of your completed Roads Scholar training so that you can start tracking your training with the card. 

Yes! Congratulations! We will send your employer a framed certificate to present to you. Certificates are mailed out in January and July each year to both Level 1 and Level 2 graduates.

Each agency involved in the Roads Scholar program has one person who is designated as the agency contact. We send all transcripts and completion awards to this person who then distributes them to the individual scholars. When we have questions related to that agency’s involvement in the Roads Scholar program, we direct our questions to the agency contact.

We have a planning calendar  that we use to schedule future training. If you do not see the class you are looking for, please give us a call. Please keep in mind that this schedule is subject to change based on instructor availability and unforeseen circumstances.


CEU stands for “Continuing Education Units.” Some professional licenses and certifications require ongoing related training, and CEUs are used as proof of that training. If you don’t hold a specialized license or certification that requires continuing education, then you probably don’t need CEUs.

0.4 CEUs (in wastewater) are awarded for completion of our 4-hour Public Agency Work Zone Traffic Control class. 0.4 general CEUs are awarded for completion of our Defensive Driving class.

There are several reasons why you may not have received it:

  • Because most people don’t need CEUs, we don’t process them for everyone who completes one of the two eligible classes. We only process CEUs for those who indicate on the sign-in roster that they need them. If you didn’t indicate that you need CEUs, then you won’t receive them.
  • We can’t process CEUs if we can’t read the name on the roster. Names are often illegible, and CEUs are not processed in those instances.
  • We don’t send the certificates to each employee. Instead, we send them to the employer. They may or may not distribute them. Please talk to your employer or give us a call.

If you know the date and location of the class and we can verify on the roster that you attended, then we can generate a duplicate certificate.