The improvements on SW Hall Boulevard span about 1.25 miles and cover 12 intersections between SW Scholls Ferry Road and SW Locust Street.
Map of the project area
and the location of ADA sidewalk curb ramp improvements and completed
- Sidewalk Curb Ramps
- Upgraded 67 sidewalk curb ramps along 12 existing intersections of SW Hall Boulevard to comply with current Americans with Disabilities Act standards, increasing accessibility for all users.
- Added accessible curb ramp transition onto the highway shoulder at several locations where the sidewalk ends.
- Intersection Improvements
- Installed new vehicle detectors at intersections to improve signal timing by sensing the presence of vehicles.
- Added new pedestrian push buttons.
Replaced striping and signs when affected by rebuilt sidewalk curb ramps.
We will work with our partners at the City and County to make the pedestrian crossing safer with future improvements at the intersection of SW Hemlock Street and SW Hall Boulevard.
We will provide more information about this project when it becomes available.
Pictured above: photo of sidewalk curb ramps at the intersection of an existing driveway before ADA compliant sidewalk curb ramp upgrades.
Pictured above: photo of sidewalk curb ramps at intersection of an existing driveway after ADA compliant sidewalk curb ramp upgrades.
SW Hall Boulevard between SW Scholls Ferry Road to SW Locust Street
Cost and Funding
Project cost: $5,063,971
MJ Hughes Construction
New sidewalk curb ramps will increase safety for people of all abilities, including people using mobility devices, traveling along SW Hall Boulevard. This improves access to housing, employment and businesses in the area.
For Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or Civil Rights Title VI accommodations and/or translation/interpretation services, (503) 731-4128, TTY (800) 735-2900 or Oregon Relay Service
¿Habla español? Podemos proveer la información en esta publicación en español. Para recibir la información en español por favor llame (503) 731-4128.