Skip to main content

Motorcycle Safety

May is Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month

Oregon Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month Proclamation

Traffic Safety Marketing Resources - Share the Road
NHTSA has a vested interest in addressing the types of motorist behaviors that pose a risk to motorcyclists. In years past, and enshrined in statutory language, these efforts have been bundled under the moniker of “Share The Road”.

National Safety Council Resources - Safety is a Two-Way Street
In recognition of National Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month in May, the National Safety Council reminds riders – and drivers – to do their part.

U.S. Department of Transportation Resources - Get Up to Speed
The U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) has launched the new "Get Up to Speed" on Motorcycles campaign to help motorists understand standard motorcycle driving behaviors and to learn how to drive safely around motorcycles on our roadways.


The Motorcycle Safety Program promotes safe motorcycle riding through rider training courses and public information programs.


Jeff Greiner
Program Manager

Transportation Safety Division
ODOT-TLC Building, MS 3
4040 Fairview Industrial Drive SE
Salem, OR 97302-1142

Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how