The Mental Health Clinical Advisory Group (MHCAG) was established by the Oregon Legislature in 2017.
The MHCAG is required by
statute to “develop evidence-based algorithms for mental health treatments, including treatments with mental health drugs.” Additionally, MHCAG must provide recommendations to the Oregon Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee and to the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) on:
- The implementation of evidence-based algorithms;
- Any changes needed to the preferred drug list used by the Authority;
- Practice guidelines for the treatment of mental health disorders; and
- Coordinating the work of the group with an entity that offers a psychiatric advice hotline (the Oregon Psychiatric Access Line).
MHCAG recommendations are posted to this website within 30 days of approval by the membership.
OHA welcomes all participants. If you have any questions about accommodations or need any assistance to participate, please call or email: Amanda Parish at, 503-383-8142
. All relay calls are accepted.
In 2023 the MHCAG will continue work on developing clinical guidance documents related to anxiety disorders.
OHA maintains a list of those interested in becoming members of MHCAG and reaches out to those who have expressed interest when vacancies occur. Please email Amanda Parish, MHCAG Coordinator at:
firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest in future vacancies.
OHA is currently recruiting applicants from diverse backgrounds for membership to the MHCAG. OHA is committed to eliminating health inequities in Oregon by 2030 and applicants who share this commitment are invited to apply.
We have immediate openings for the following:
- 1 clinical psychologist
- 1 pharmacist
Individuals interested in applying for immediate membership vacancies should complete the MHCAG application and email it to
MHCAG Membership Application packet
About MHCAG Meetings
- All meetings are conducted virtually. There are no in-person meetings.
- Each meeting has a short public comment/testimony period. Speakers are limited to 3 minutes each.
- Each speaker must return a completed and signed
public comment form directly after the conclusion of the meeting.