The Pharmacy Policy & Programs office within Health Policy & Analytics Division works on many complex issues surrounding pharmaceutical drugs and pharmacy policy.
With the support and direction of the Oregon Legislature and many partners, including physicians, pharmacists, mental health experts, CCO pharmacy directors, university experts, Oregon tribes, insurance and community representatives, Pharmacy Policy & Programs is leading the effort to:
- Reduce the high cost of prescription drugs;
- Perform drug reviews and recommendations to the preferred drug list for Medicaid clients;
- Develop evidence-based algorithms for mental health treatments, including treatments with mental health drugs;
- Remove barriers to effective drug therapy; and
- Provide assistance with drug costs to Oregonians through the Oregon Prescription Drug Program.