Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Off-Premises Sales License

Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS) are adopted, repealed and amended by the Oregon legislature and signed into law by the Governor.  
Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) are implemented by the OLCC. These regulations are proposed by, adopted, repealed and amended by the OLCC.

ORS 471

  • See section .186 for the Off-Premises Sales license

OAR 845, Division 5

  • See subsection 0416 for definitions for delivery of Malt Beverages, Wine or Cider to Individuals
  • See subsection 0417 for Qualifications for Direct Shipment and Retail Delivery of Malt Beverages, Wine, or Cider to a Resident of Oregon

OAR 845, Division 6

  • See subsection 0391 for definitions for delivery of Malt Beverages, Wine or Cider to Individuals
  • See subsection 0392 for Requirements for Same-Day and Next-Day Retail Delivery of Malt Beverages to a Resident of Oregon
  • See subsection 0396 for Requirements for Direct Shipment and Delivery of Wine and Cider to a Resident of Oregon
  • See subsection 0450 for Retail On-Premises Malt Beverage, Wine, or Cider Sampling: Operating Requirements and Limits

  • Contact the Federal Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) to determine what you need to do to comply with Federal laws. 
  • You must have an address in Oregon where you will do business. 
  • You must currently own, lease, or rent the business property or you must be in the process of purchasing, leasing, or renting the property. You may make any purchase, lease, or rent agreement contingent on obtaining a liquor license. 
  • Determine whether your business will be a sole proprietorship or some form of legal entity (such as a corporation or limited liability company). If you are a legal entity you must be registered to do business in Oregon with the Oregon Secretary of State Corporation Division
  • If you will offer lottery games (including video poker) contact the Oregon Lottery Commission
  • If you will make, warehouse, or sell at retail beer, wine or distilled spirits for drinking on site, the Oregon Department of Agriculture's Food Safety Division may require a license. 

In order for the OLCC to be able to accept your application packet, it must contain ALL of the following OLCC forms and information. Don't forget to include the forms if you would like to apply for any of optional privileges listed above. 

If you apply as a Corporation, LLC, Limited Partnership, or Franchise, you will need to complete the appropriate form below:

You can submit your application by email or by mail.

Note: Do not include any license fees at this time.

If you need help completing your application, email ​

Once the OLCC has determined that your application packet is complete and accurate, we will begin working on your application. We will then give you some documents to you take to the local government for their recommendation.

  • The local government is the city if your business address is within the city limits; or
  • The local government is the county if your business address is outside of the city limits

Contact your city or county to make sure you understand their process. They generally will not review your application until it is accepted by OLCC.

Applicants for an Off-Premises Sales license must: 
  • Read Law Orientation for Retailers.   
  • Submit the Law Orientation Affirmation.   
  • If you will provide sample tastings of malt beverage, wine, or cider in your store you must make sure that any person who serves those tastes has a valid service permit. Get Your Alcohol Service Permit
  • Have each employee read, sign, and date the OLCC brochure “What Every Store Clerk Needs to Know About Selling AlcoholBEFORE allowing the employee to sell alcohol at the store. You must keep the completed brochure on the licensed premises for as long as the person is employed by you and works at the business selling alcohol. NOTE: if you also have an OLCC license that allows the sale of alcohol for drinking on the premises at the same business as the Off-Premises Sale license, employees with a valid service permit don’t need to have completed the brochure.

An Off-Premises Sales licensee is eligible to apply for a Temporary Sales License (TSL).  A TSL licensee:

  • May sell and serve distilled spirits, malt beverages, wine, and cider for consumption on the special event licensed premises.
  • May sell factory-sealed containers of beer, wine, or cider at retail to individuals in Oregon for consumption off of the special event licensed premises.
  • May sell malt beverages, wine, and cider to individuals in a securely covered container (“growler") for consumption off the licensed premises (the container may not hold more than 2 gallons).
  • Other than a “growler" may not allow patrons to take an open container of alcohol off of the special event licensed premises.

Temporary Sales License (TSL) application

​Please submit your complete application to​​ 

If you need help completing your application, or have additional questions, please e-mail