Skip to main content

Brewery Public House

Food service is not a requirement of this license. However, if you plan to allow on-site consumption of alcohol (including “tastings") by customers and you want to allow minor customers (people age 20 and under), you must describe how drinking will not be the predominant activity in the areas and times you will allow minors. Often, the best way to do this is to offer food service in the areas and during the times you will allow minors. The OLCC will work with you during the application process to help you with this issue.

Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS) are adopted, repealed and amended by the Oregon legislature and signed into law by the Governor.  
Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) are implemented by the OLCC. These regulations are proposed by, adopted, repealed and amended by the OLCC.

ORS 471

  • See section .001 for definitions of Malt Beverage and Wine
  • See section .023 for the definition of Cider
  • See section .155 for Privilege Tax Bond requirement
  • See section .200 for the Brewery-Public House license

ORS 473

  • Wine, Cider and Malt Beverage Privilege Tax

OAR 845, Division 5

  • See subsection 0416 for definitions for delivery of Malt Beverages, Wine or Cider to Individuals
  • See subsection 0417 for Qualifications for Direct Shipment and Retail Delivery of Malt Beverages, Wine, or Cider to a Resident of Oregon

OAR 845, Division 6

  • See subsection 0391 for definitions for delivery of Malt Beverages, Wine or Cider to Individuals
  • See subsection 0392 for Requirements for Same-Day and Next-Day Retail Delivery of Malt Beverages to a Resident of Oregon
  • See subsection 0396 for Requirements for Direct Shipment and Delivery of Wine and Cider to a Resident of Oregon

Privilege Tax
You are responsible for reporting to the OLCC the amount of malt beverage you make in Oregon and any malt beverage you import into Oregon. You may be required to pay a tax, called a privilege tax, on these malt beverages. 
Privilege Tax Bond
You will be required to maintain a privilege tax bond with the OLCC. More information is available at

  • Contact the Federal Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) to determine what you need to do to comply with Federal laws. 
  • You must have an address in Oregon where you will do business. 
  • You must currently own, lease, or rent the business property or you must be in the process of purchasing, leasing, or renting the property. You may make any purchase, lease, or rent agreement contingent on obtaining a liquor license. 
  • Determine whether your business will be a sole proprietorship or some form of legal entity (such as a corporation or limited liability company). If you are a legal entity you must be registered to do business in Oregon with the Oregon Secretary of State Corporation Division
  • If you will offer lottery games (including video poker) contact the Oregon Lottery Commission
  • If you will make, warehouse, or sell at retail beer or wine for drinking on site, the Oregon Department of Agriculture's Food Safety Division may require a license. 

In order for the OLCC to be able to accept your application packet, it must contain ALL of the following OLCC forms and information: 

If you apply as a Corporation, LLC, Limited Partnership, or Franchise, you will need to complete the appropriate form below:

You can submit your application by email, mail or in person.

  • Email:
  • Mail: OLCC Liquor Licensing, PO Box 22297, Milwaukie, OR 97269
  • In person (by appointment only): Deliver your completed application to the OLCC office that covers the city or county in Oregon where your business address is located.

Note: Do not include any license fees at this time.

If you need help completing your application, email or contact your local office.

OLCC Office Locations

Once the OLCC has determined that your application packet is complete and accurate, we will begin working on your application. We will then give you some documents to you take to the local government for their recommendation.

  • The local government is the city if your business address is within the city limits; or
  • The local government is the county if your business address is outside of the city limits

Contact your city or county to make sure you understand their process. They generally will not review your application until it is accepted by OLCC.

Liquor liability insurance is required for any business that allows on-premises consumption of alcohol. The OLCC will not issue a Temporary Letter of Authority to Operate or final license without proof of insurance.

The most common proof of insurance is an insurance certificate or ACORD form from your insurance agent. The form must show all of the following:

  • All applicant(s) as the named insured
  • Business address (not just the mailing address)
  • Liquor liability insurance
  • Coverage of at least $300,000 of liquor liability insurance
  • Coverage must be current 
  • OLCC is listed as a certificate holder​

A Special Event Brewery-Public House (SEBPH) license allows an Oregon Brewery-Public House licensee to:

  • Sell malt beverages, wine, and cider for consumption on the special event licensed premises or in manufacturer-sealed containers for consumption off of the special event licensed premises.
  • Sell malt beverages, wine, and cider to individuals in a securely covered container (“growler") for consumption off the licensed premises (the container for wine and cider may not hold more than 2 gallons; however, the container size limit does not apply to malt beverages).

Fee: $10 per day
Special Event Brewery-Public House License 

You will be working with the OLCC office that covers the city or county where your business will be located. 

If you need help completing your application, or have additional questions, please contact the office where you will be submitting your application packet. 
OLCC Office Locations

Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how