Skip to main content

Full On-Premises Sales, Nonprofit Private Club

  • May sell and serve distilled spirits, malt beverages, wine, and cider for consumption on the licensed premises, but only for members and guests
  • May sell malt beverages, wine, and cider to individuals in a securely covered container (“growler") for consumption off the licensed premises
  • Must have a minimum of 100 members
  • Must be a nonprofit corporation registered as such with Oregon's Office of the Secretary of State
  • Eligible to apply to get pre-approved to cater some events off of the licensed premises (events at which only members and guests may attend and where food service is the primary activity)
  • Eligible to apply for a “special event" license for a temporarily licensed event at which only members and guests may attend: TUAL  

Optional privileges


Food service is a requirement of this license.

  • Food requirements when serving alcohol in areas where only members and guests are present: the club must make available at least three different substantial food items.
  • Food requirements when serving alcohol in areas where the general public is allowed: the club must meet the food requirements of a Full On-Premises, Commercial Sales license.
  • “Substantial food item" means food items prepared or cooked on the licensed premises and that are typically served as a main course or entrée.  Some examples are: fish; steak; chicken; pasta; pizza; sandwiches; dinner salads; hot dogs; soup; and sausages.  Side dishes, appetizer items, dessert items, and snack items such as popcorn, peanuts, chips, and crackers do not qualify as substantial food items.
  • “Different" means substantial food items that the OLCC determines differ in their primary ingredients or method of preparation.  Different sizes of the same item are not considered different.
  • Must have a food preparation area and equipment on the licensed premises adequate to meet the food service requirements.


Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS) are adopted, repealed and amended by the Oregon legislature and signed into law by the Governor.  
Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) are implemented by the OLCC. These regulations are proposed by, adopted, repealed and amended by the OLCC. 

ORS 471

  • See section .175 for the Full On-Premises Sales license

OAR 845, Division 5

  • See subsection 0321 for Additional License Refusal Reasons for a Full On-Premises Sales License for a Nonprofit Private Club

OAR 845, Division 6


  • See subsection 0459 for definitions for food service
  • See subsection 0460 for food service at Commercial Establishments
  • See subsection 0461 for Food Service Requirements for Nonprofit Private Clubs
  • See subsection 0466 for general food service requirements

  • Contact the Federal Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) to determine what you need to do to comply with Federal laws. 
  • You must have an address in Oregon where you will do business. 
  • You must currently own, lease, or rent the business property or you must be in the process of purchasing, leasing, or renting the property. You may make any purchase, lease, or rent agreement contingent on obtaining a liquor license. 
  • Determine whether your business will be a sole proprietorship or some form of legal entity (such as a corporation or limited liability company). If you are a legal entity you must be registered to do business in Oregon with the Oregon Secretary of State Corporation Division
  • If you will offer lottery games (including video poker) contact the Oregon Lottery Commission
  • If you will make, warehouse, or sell at retail beer, wine or distilled spirits for drinking on site, the Oregon Department of Agriculture's Food Safety Division may require a license. 

In order for the OLCC to be able to accept your application packet, it must contain all of the following OLCC forms and information: 

 If you apply as a Corporation, LLC, Limited Partnership, or Franchise, you will need to complete the appropriate form below:

You will be working with the office that covers the city or county where your business will be located. OLCC Office Locations   
Mail or deliver your completed application packet to the OLCC office that covers the city or county in Oregon where your business address is located.  Do not include the license fee at this time. 
If you need help completing your application, contact the OLCC office where you will be submitting your application packet.

Once the OLCC has determined that your application packet is complete and accurate, we will begin working on your application. We will then give you some documents to you take to the local government for their recommendation.

  • The local government is the city if your business address is within the city limits; or
  • The local government is the county if your business address is outside of the city limits

Contact your city or county to make sure you understand their process. They generally will not review your application until it is accepted by OLCC.

Liquor liability insurance is required for any business that allows on-premises consumption of alcohol. The OLCC will not issue a 90-Day Temporary Authority or license without proof of insurance.
The most common proof of insurance is an insurance certificate or ACORD form from your insurance agent. The form must show all of the following:

  • All applicant(s) as the named insured
  • Business address (not just the mailing address)
  • Liquor liability insurance
  • Coverage of at least $300,000 
  • Coverage must be current 
  • OLCC is listed as a certificate holder

Applicants for a Full On-Premises Sales license must: 

  • Read Law Orientation for Retailers
  • Read the Law Orientation Affirmation.
  • Take and pass an Alcohol Server Education course: If you are applying as a legal entity (corporation or LLC) you must choose a person (server education designee) to take and pass the course on behalf of the legal entity. The server education designee must be a person with the authority to set, implement or change the licensee's practices for selling and serving alcoholic beverages (usually an owner or a manager). 

If you would like to sell distilled spirits, malt beverages, wine or cider at an off-site special event which only members and guests may attend, you will need a Temporary Use of an Annual license. There is no fee for this license. 

Fee: For license days October 1, 2019 and after, the fee is $10 per license day. 

Temporary Use of an Annual License

You will be working with the OLCC office that covers the city or county where your business will be located. If you need help completing your application, or have additional questions, please contact the office where you will be submitting your application packet.
OLCC Office Locations

Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how