2024 Oregon Heritage Conference:
April 17-20, Forest Grove
Join us for the first in person conference since 2018!
The conference is a time for people who share a common passion for Oregon’s heritage and history to come together to share insights, understand connections, develop relationships, learn new ways, reinforce the value of the work and leave energized to keep moving forward.
With all of the demands on people including information overload, home life, work tasks and all the things…the conference will be a place to Make Space. The way to move Oregon heritage work forward is to Make Space: clear the clutter, set priorities, build relationships, and plan for the time it takes.
Schedule is still in progress and subject to change.
April 17, 9:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m
Morning Block: SHPOlooza, Oregon Commission on Historic Cemeteries meeting, MentorCorps meeting
- Planting the Seeds of Preservation, Window Workshops to Engage the Community
Lunch: On your own & Main Street Meet-Up
Afternoon Block: SHPOlooza, Oregon Heritage Commission meeting
- Reflective Conversation: Faclitating Challenging Conversations with Your Board or Staff
- Learn, Land, Love: Rooting History in Care for the Land
- Five Oaks Learning Outing
April 18, 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Plenary session
- Networking Meet-Ups
- Oregon Heritage Excellence Awards Banquet, sponsored by the Oregon Historical Society
April 19, 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Networking Meet-Ups
- Closing Plenary session
April 20, 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Cemetery Preservation Workshop
For info contact Kuri Gill, 503-986-0685, Kuri.firstname.lastname@example.org.
More details to come! Join the weekly heritage news listserv for conference updates.
Registration will open in February!
Please block your calendars and reserver you lodging.
Clark Hall, Pacific University - $45.00/night
This housing is This housing is traditional dorm-style rooms (single, double, and quad rooms) with a community bathroom on each floor. About 4 blocks from the primary venues. Housing reservations available until April 1, 2024.
To register go this link and fill out the short-term stay reservation ticket request.
- Under "Please Explain Guest(s) Affiliation" and "University Business Reason for Stay" enter Oregon Heritage Conference.
- Under "Sponsor Information" enter Cheryl Plews, email@example.com, 503-352-1557.
- If you are registering more than one person, use one registration ticket.
More conference rate lodging options coming.
Join the weekly heritage news listserv for conference announcements. If you'd like to join our listserv to receive a postcard notifying you when registration opens, send your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join friends and colleagues for the annual Oregon Heritage Excellence Awards! Awards will be presented to individuals, organizations, and projects that have made the most of their available resources to contribute to preserving Oregon's heritage.
Nominations open now! Find more info here.