Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image
General tax questions
Change of address
Payment plans
Power of Attorney
Sign up for Alerts
Taxpayer refunds
Reporting tax fraud
Does the Department of Revenue have an Accessibility Policy or Coordinator?
In accordance with the requirements of title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, we will not and do not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability in our services, programs or activities. Read the full ADA Policy and the Grievance Procedure to learn more and to find contact information for our ADA Coordinator.
Change of address
How do I change my address?
If you have recently moved and need to update your account address you can do it one of many ways.

If you would like to change your address online, you may access your account details through our "Update Personal Info" account. Once you create an account you will be able to update mailing address, phone number, email address, and communication preferences. ( Learn more about "MyAccount" services)

If you prefer paper, you may fill out the Change of Address/Name form on your computer, print it, and send it to us; or you may print it, fill it out by hand, and mail or fax it to the Department of Revenue.

You may also indicate your new address on your next tax return. If you have a paper form with the old address, simply cross it out and clearly write the new address on your return. If it is a new form, just include the correct address. Remember to check the box next to address indicating that the address has changed.

Of course, you may still call our taxpayer services representatives at any time to change your address immediately (503-378-4988). In order to protect your confidentiality, we can not accept e-mailed forms at this time.
Payment plans
How do I sign up for a payment plan?
If you have an outstanding balance on any year's taxes, you may pay it in full at any time, plus penalties and interest. If you can't make lump sum payment, you may qualify for a payment plan. You can set up a payment plan online or speak to a Tax Services representative.

Usually, payment plans must be paid within 12 months. For more information, call 503-945-8200

Read through Payment Plan FAQs
Set up a Payment Plan online
Power of Attorney
Where is the Power of Attorney form?
You must submit a power of attorney form to:
  • allow us to share your confidential tax information with another person. This person won't receive any of notices we send to you.
  • authorize another person to represent you and act on your behalf. You may choose a family member, employer, lawyer, tax preparer or other individual. See the power of attorney form instructions for more information.
Download the Power of Attorney Form
Sign up for Alerts
How do I sign up for email updates on tax law changes?
There are many ways you can receive information about updates from us.  Click on any of the links below to learn more about these programs.

Taxpayer refunds
Is there a kicker check/refund this year?
Personal Income Tax Refunds:
The Oregon Legislature decides how much money we need to fund our state resources and prepares biennial (two-year) budgets.

The 1979 Oregon Legislature passed the "2 percent kicker" law. The state must refund revenue to taxpayers when actual General Fund revenues are more than 2 percent above the forecasted amount.

If the calculated revenue is more than the forecast revenue by at least 2 percent, we'll distribute a kicker.

Business/Corporation Tax Refunds:

The state surplus refund, or kicker also applies to businesses, though it's administered separately from the personal income tax kicker.

Additional information and historical facts about the Oregon surplus refund.
Reporting tax fraud
Q. Can the person I'm reporting find out my identity?
A. We treat any information you provide as confidential unless compelled by law to do otherwise.

Q. After I provide information, can I receive updates about the investigation?
A. No. Privacy and disclosure laws prevent us from sharing information about whether action is taken on your tip.

Q. How do I know if you received my online referral?
A. If your submission is successful, you will see a confirmation screen. If that screen appears, we have received your tip.

Q. How do I modify information on a report I have already submitted?
A. If you need to provide additional or updated information, please submit another report. On the second submission, select the "Additional information" box or the name of the person (or business) you previously reported.

Q. Where do I send supporting documents?
A. If you have physical evidence of a suspected fraud, or have been asked by one our representatives to provide additional documentation, please send your paper copies to this address:

Oregon Department of Revenue
Attn: Fraud Coordinator
955 Center Street, NE
Salem, OR 97301