​​​​​COVID-19 Information and Resources

​How to request PPE during the COVID-19 Pandemic

Homecare workers and personal support workers, including personal care attendants, can request masks, cloth face coverings and gloves (protective personal equipment or PPE) by completing and submitting a request on SEIU’s online form or by sending an email to OHCC:

2022 Reports

2021 Reports

Benefits available during the COVID-19 pandemic for homecare, personal support workers and personal care attendants

Offered through Carewell SEIU 503
COVID-19 Paid Time Off ​Benefit
Offered through Carewell SEIU 503 CARES Paid Time Off (PTO)​​

Flu prevention resources

People can spread the flu even if they don't know they’re sick. The flu can be more serious for some people, including older adults, young children and people with certain health conditions. Please visit the Oregon Health Authority’s flu prevention website  to learn about how to prevent the flu, where to find the flu vaccine in your community, and read flu fact sheets (available in English, Spanish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Vietnamese).​

​OHCC Trainings- Protecting Health and Safety 
Protecting your health and safety while working as a homecare and personal support worker is very important. OHCC encourages workers to take the following courses by enrolling through the Registry or calling OHCC at 1-877-867-0077.​

Preventing Disease Transmission*

This course is usually offered in-person, but to protect the health and safety of attendees during the pandemic, the course is offered as a two-hour webinar.  The course covers:
  • Causes of infectious disease and routes of transmission
  • COVID-19 information
  • Standard precautions, proper hand-washing techniques, and protective personal equipment (PPE)
  • Reducing risks
  • Housekeeping and caregiving best practices
*This course counts towards earning 2.5 hours of safety-type credits for the Professional Development Certification. 

Important Information About Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Accordion Content
1/28/2021COVID-19 vaccine clinics by county
8/26/2020Interim COVID-19 Infection Control Guidance for Home Care Workers
7/17/2020Infographic and new policy: COVID-19 Mask and Cloth Face Covering Guidance for Consumer-Employers and Homecare Workers
6/29/2020Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for Homecare and Personal Support Workers
4/29/2020Frequently Asked Questions About COVID-19 for Homecare and Personal Support Workers
3/16/2020Flu Season and Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention for Homecare and Personal Support Workers
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Resources
Accordion Content
12/16/2019Handwashing Video

Handwashing video (subtitles, no audio)

6/28/2020Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19
8/7/2020Recommendation Regarding the Use of Cloth Face Coverings
8/25/2020Wildfire Smoke and COVID-19
9/10/2020The Science Behind Hand Washing
9/11/2020Guidance of the Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19
Infection Control Resources​

Accordion Content
Self-Study*Non-credit course
Self-Study*Non-credit course
Help Stop the Spread of COVID-19
Presented by City of Portland and Multnomah County Health Department
Available in 38 languages


Injured on the job?

Homecare workers and personal support workers who are represented by Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 503 are eligible for workers' compensation coverage for injuries that occur on the job.

For more information about what to do if you are inured on the job, please download the "What to do if you are injured on the job" flyer found on SAIF's website.

The flyers are available in the following languages and formats:

  • English
  • English for visually impaired
  • Spanish
  • Russian
  • Vietnamese
  • Arabic
  • Simplified Chinese
  • Traditional Chinese
  • Somali
  • Korean

801 Claim Form

To request an 801 Claim Form or for assistance with filing a claim, please contact:

Kelly Rosenau, Workers' Compensation Coordinator
Oregon Home Care Commission
550 Capitol St. NE
Salem, OR 97301
Phone: 503-378-3099
Toll-free: 888-365-0001
E-mail: kelly.k.rosenau@dhsoha.state.or.us

When seeking medical attention

Complete Form 827, Worker's and Physician's Report.

Managing your claim and getting back to work.

Forward the completed 827 report to:
SAIF Corporation
400 High St. NE
Salem, OR 97312

Phone: 800-285-8525
Fax: 800-475-7785

Learn more about filing a claim and the claim process​​


​​​​​​​subscribe Subscribe to receive email notification of site updates.


Safety Manual​

Safety Manual for homecare workersThe Safety Manual provides important information about health and safety. It is designed to help homecare and personal support workers stay safe and avoid injuries, illnesses, and hazards while providing in-home services. The manual is a tool for you to use along with the health and safety classes offered by the OHCC. It’s a good idea, to review the “Workers’ Safety Supply List” in the manual and keep supplies on hand.
Please take the time to review the Safety Manual and register for our health and safety training classes.


Quit tobacco

The Quit Line is a telephone and web-based counseling service to help Oregonians quit using tobacco and nicotine products.