Skip to main content

Wildfire damage and recovery resources

The Building Codes Division is committed to helping Oregonians rebuild after the catastrophic wildfires across our state. This page contains information and resources, and will be updated as more information becomes available.

Fire Hardening Grant

If your home or business was lost or damaged in a wildfire during the year 2020, you may be eligible to receive grant money for fire hardening of your home or business.

Si su casa o negocio se perdió o resultó dañado en un incendio forestal durante el año 2020, puede ser elegible para recibir dinero de el programa de apoyo para proteger su hogar o negocio en caso de incendios.

Permit requirements for residential recovery

Many basic recovery activities do not require a structural permit. To expedite the permit process and avoid unnecessary filings, here is some helpful building permit information.

HB 2289 (2021) -
ORSC technical comparison

HB 2289 (2021), effective July 11, 2021, outlines an alternate compliance path for owners of buildings in areas affected by the 2020 wildfires. This is intended to assist in the implementation of this new law.

Manufactured homes replacement and repairs

There are some things specific to manufactured dwellings you may not know. Access important information before you purchase a new or used manufactured dwelling, or start repairs.

Manufactured home ownership document retrieval

Manufactured home ownership documents can be downloaded from the Oregon Manufactured Home Ownership Document System (MHODS) or emailed to you from the division.

Los documentos de propiedad de casas manufacturdas pueden ser descargados o enviados por correo electrónico desde el sitio web de BCD.

Hiring a contractor?

Protect yourself from unlicensed work.

Nearly all home improvements performed by a contractor require a contractor’s licenses.

If you are hiring a contractor, verify that they have the required Construction Contractors Board (CCB) and Building Codes Division (BCD) licenses before they begin the work.

For electrical or plumbing work, contractors are required to have a CCB license and the appropriate BCD electrical or plumbing contractor’s license.

For installing and repairing a manufactured dwelling, contractors are required to have a CCB license and a BCD Manufactured Dwelling Installer (MDI) license.

More recovery resources

Check for licenses

Search online for contractor licenses:

CCB license search

BCD license search

If a contractor is performing work without the required licenses, you can file a complaint.

Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how