Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Electrical labels

Electrical minor labels

Select from the list of contractor licenses to view the scope for each license type.

Contractor licenses which can use electrical minor labels:

*If you do not have one of these licenses you will not be able to purchase electrical minor labels. Contact the Licensing Department to obtain a license.


Contractors cannot use electrical minor labels for:

  • Underground electrical installations;
  • Installations that require a cover inspection;
  • Any installation where plan review is required;
  • Complete replacement of a service or panel replacement;
  • Any electrical installation that is located in an area classified as hazardous, as described in Article 500, or is subject to the requirements of Article 680 (swimming pools, hot tubs, fountains, or similar installations) of the Oregon Electrical Specialty Code, as adopted in OAR 918-305-0100.

Electrical use

An electrical minor label may be used on a job site with existing permits if the work is within the scope of work permitted by the minor label rules and is done by a contractor who does not have an existing electrical permit for that job site.

A contractor may only use one minor label per project at a job site. Job site is defined as the address of the home, apartment or commercial building.

Contractors are allowed to perform a number of installations, but contractors may not use a minor label to perform any installations outside the scope of their licenses.

Electrical apprentice

An apprentice with a work alone card can use a minor label within the scope of their licensing and training. When entering installation information online, leave the installer license field empty. Enter the full name of the apprentice and their apprentice information in the installer name field.

Minor Label Login