In 2015, a group of nine agencies came together with a common goal. They recognized that many agencies use outdated procurement and contract administration software. And, some agencies rely on paper-based processes that are time consuming, error prone, and difficult to track and measure.
Using a grass-roots approach, these agencies collaborated to obtain an end-to-end eProcurement system called OregonBuys. OregonBuys is a consistent, automated solution for tasks ranging from requisition through invoice. It also allows enterprise level reporting which gives transparency to Oregon’s procurement process.
The group consisted of the following nine agencies (“Collaborating Agencies”):
- Secretary of State (SoS)
- Oregon Judicial Department (OJD)
- Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF)
- Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW)
- Oregon Department of Education (ODE)
- Department of Revenue (DOR)
- Department of Human Services / Oregon Health Authority (DHS/OHA)
- Department of Consumer and Business Services (DCBS)
- Department of Administrative Services (DAS)
A group of representatives from the nine agencies formed a team to work with the selected contractor, Periscope Holdings, Inc. The long-term vision for OregonBuys was to adopt it enterprise-wide. We're happy to report that what was started by these agencies is now approved as the statewide eProcurement solution. The documents below show the project's history, and the new approach has now shifted to statewide implementation.