Food Benefits


Using your card | Check your balance | New pin | Lost or stolen card | Damaged card | Keep your card safe

EBT card help: Call Customer Service at 1-888-997-4447​.​​

​​​​​​​​​For the health and safety of yourself and others:

  • Call or go online as a first option before visiting an office.
  • If you feel you need to come into an office, call first. See below for office information.​
  • By avoiding offices when possible, you are keeping yourself, your family and vulnerable people like children, older adults and people with disabilities safer.

How you can get help without coming into an office:

  • Apply for and update information about benefits:, 1-800-699-9075 (711 TTY)
  • Call a local office
  • ​Call 2-1-1
  • Call the Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) at 1-855-673-2372
  • Call 1-855-503-SAFE (7233) if you suspect abuse or neglect of an adult or child

For safety planning for survivors of domestic violence: Our office staff are here to support you in person.​

Oregon's EBT card ​f​or state benefits​

The Oregon Trail Card is Oregon's Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card. It is used for state benefits including SNAP food benefits and TANF cash benefits.

​It works like a debit car​​d from a bank.

  • Benefits are deposited into your account each month.
  • Use your EBT card and secret PIN number to access your benefits.

How an Oregon EBT Card Works

How to Use Your Card  |  Español / Spanish  |  ​ اللغة العربية / Arabic  |  Русский / Russian  |  Tiếng Việt / Vietnamese

Using your EBT​ card

Most stores that take EBT cards will post signs to let you know.​

With SNAP foo​​d benefits​​ you​ can:

With TANF cash benefits you​ can:

  • Buy non-food items.
  • Get cash from your cash benefits account.
    • You can get cash when you make a purchase.
    • You can get cash without making a purchase. There is a fee if you get cash without making a purchase more than two times a month. After the first two withdrawals, your benefits account is charged 85 cents for each withdrawal.
    • You can get cash at an ATM. Your benefits account is charged a fee of 85 cents for each withdrawal from an ATM. Some ATMs may charge you another fee as well. You can find out if you will be charged an extra fee by starting to take out money. The ATM will tell you how much it will charge. You can then cancel the withdrawal and try another ATM.

You can't withdraw cash at liquor stores (including retail businesses that only or mostly sell beer or wine), casinos or gambling establishments, medical or recreational marijuana dispensaries, or adult entertainment businesses where performers undress or perform without clothes, including adult video stores that only or mostly sell or feature adult-oriented videos or movies.​

Check you​r balance

There are three ways to find out how much money is in your account.

Get ​​a new PIN

There are three ways to get a new PIN number. You need a new PIN number if you forget it or if someone is using your card and PIN without your approval.

  • Call customer service toll-free at 1-888-997-4447 and ask for your PIN to be changed.
  • Go online to your EBT account at ​ and change your PIN.​
  • Take your EBT card to the closest ODHS Self Sufficiency, Aging and People with Disabilities (APD) or Area Agency on Aging (AAA) office. In these offices a receptionist can help you get a new PIN. If you need help finding an office, call 2-1-1 on your phone or view the list of office locations.

Lost or stolen card

Don’t wait to report your card as lost or stolen. If someone uses your card and spends your benefits, you can’t get them back. Take these steps right away to freeze your benefits.​

If your card is lost or stolen you should immediately:

  • Call the toll-free replacement card line at 1-855-328-6715 to request a replacement card. The replacement line is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You will get a replacement card by mail, usually within five business days.
  • Call the 24-hour toll-free customer service line at 1-888-997-4447 to cancel your card and protect your benefits.
  • If your ONE account is linked to your SNAP (food) or Cash Assistance case, you can request a replacement EBT card by logging in at​.

Damaged card

If your card is damaged and does not work, take the card to the closest ODHS Self Sufficiency, Aging and People with Disabilities (APD) or Area Agency on Aging (AAA) office for help. If you don’t take your damaged card to the office, the office can’t give you a new one.

If you need help finding ​an office, call 2-1-1 on your phone or view the list of office locations.

Keep your card ​​safe

Your EBT card is just like cash. It’s important to keep it safe. It’s also important to keep your PIN number secret. Your card doesn’t work without your PIN. Don't let anyone else use your card and PIN.

Benefits​ fraud

It is against the law to misuse an Oregon EBT ​card. It is ​considered fraud and can result in the re-payment of benefits, a temporary or permanent end to your benefits, and criminal prosecution.

Fraud or misuse of a card includes:

  • Offering to sell or selling your card or benefits.
  • Making false statements or misrepresenting facts or situations to get benefits you are not eligible for.
  • Letting your card be used by an unauthorized person.

Anyone can report possible car​d misuse or fraud in an ODHS program.​​​​​​​​