Oregon Coastal Management Program (OCMP) staff provide a variety of technical assistance to local governments and network partners. Examples of past assistance include data creation, geospatial analysis, map production, and web content development and hosting.
Projects are chosen based on demand from program partners, and fulfilled on a time-available basis. If a project falls outside the immediate capabilities of the OCMP, staff may work with the partner to identify another mechanism for meeting the need (e.g. applications for special funding, internship development, or technical assistance grants).
Examples of Technical Assistance
The GIS Coordinator, the Coastal Atlas Administrator and other department staff work closely with coastal partners such as coastal governments, state agencies, and the public on technical assistance projects. Examples of the range of projects can be seen below:
- City of Neskowin – geospatial data development for Dune Management Plan
- City of Rockaway Beach – geospatial data development for wetland delineation
- City of Gearhart -- geospatial data development for Dune Management Plan
- City of Reedsport – map production in support of funding application to HUD
- Coos County – web map development for estuaries and coastal hazards
- Curry County – delineation of shorelands boundary
- Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife -- geospatial analysis in support of marine reserves
- Oregon Parks and Recreation Department – web hosting of "next tide" data service
How can we help?
If our coastal partners have a project that may benefit from technical assistance from DLCD, please contact a DLCD Regional Representative.