The Glenn Jackson Scholarship Program honors the legacy of Commissioner Glenn Jackson by supporting the education of high-achieving college-bound high school seniors. Annually, the Oregon Department of Transportation and Oregon Parks and Recreation Department award recipients renewable college scholarships (the scholarship amount and number of awards granted vary).
- Applicants must be dependents of the Oregon Department of Transportation or Oregon Parks and Recreation Department employees/retired employees. Employees must have been permanent full-time employees in their departments for at least three years.
- Applicants must be high school seniors and eligible to enroll as full-time undergraduate students at an accredited four- or two-year college.
- Applicants must enroll in a four- or two-year non-profit college eligible for Title IV student financial aid programs.
Application and Selection
Submit Application to the Oregon Student Assistance Commission Application
Due March 1st
- The Oregon Student Assistance Commission verifies applicant eligibility and evaluates applicants based on their academic record, leadership qualities, community and school activities, and financial need.
- The commission provides a list of the top-ranked applicants to the scholarship coordinator and HR verifies the applicant's parent and/or legal guardian eligibility.
- The scholarship awardees are selected. The scholarship coordinator then notifies the awarded Glenn Jackson Scholars.
Scholar Seasonal Job Opportunities
ODOT offers seasonal job opportunities to Glenn Jackson Scholars, if work is available. Students gain working knowledge of the department and learn first-hand the challenges and rewards of public service.
If you are a Glenn Jackson Scholar, please contact the ODOT Human Resources office in early spring to request assistance in finding a position.
Oregon Department of Transportation, Oregon Parks and Recreation employees, and Glenn Jackson’s family, friends, and business associates honor his memory through contributions to the Glenn Jackson Scholarship Fund. Because the scholarship does not use public funds contributions are essential to the program’s financial security and support the education and success of our future leaders.
How to Donate
Employees may participate in payroll deduction or contribute a one-time donation.
Complete and mail the Payroll Deduction Form with a check (payable to the Glenn Jackson Scholarship Fund) to:
Oregon Department of Transportation
Human Resources, MS12
355 Capitol Street NE, Room 22
Salem, OR 97301-3871