Saturday, Dec. 2 – Saturday, Dec. 9
- SW 26th Avenue under I-5 is closed through spring 2024.
- Periodic lane and shoulder closures on I-5.
Construction starts in April 2023 and continues through summer 2024.
I-5 Traffic Impacts
- Nighttime single lane closures on I-5 in both directions from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. on weekdays and from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m. on weekends.
- Up to 10 nighttime directional closures of I-5 (five northbound and five southbound) from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- In summer 2024, a full closure of I-5 for 4 miles over one weekend (Friday night to Monday morning). During these closures, there will be regional detours using I-205, OR 217 and a signed local detour. As we get closer to the closure, we will share detailed information and detour maps.
- Up to 30 nighttime double lane closures on I-5 in both directions from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. directly before and after the I-5 weekend closure for prep work, striping, and placement of shoulder barrier.
SW 26th Avenue Impacts
Beginning May 1, SW 26th Avenue will fully close to motor vehicles from under I-5 to under Barbur Boulevard for about a year. SW Barbur Court will remain open to traffic. Businesses on SW Barbur Court and homes on SW 26th Avenue will be accessible.
People walking, biking and rolling will have access under I-5 for most of the project. Travelers on bikes will need to walk through the project area. If we do need to completely close SW 26th Avenue under I-5 to people walking, biking and rolling, we will provide a shuttle to transport people to the other side of SW 26th Avenue.
SW 26th Avenue Closure Area Map
SW 26th Avenue Detour Map
We are limiting nighttime work to 90 nights so that project noise is less disruptive to the surrounding neighborhood. During those nights neighbors may hear construction noise. We will use construction noise mitigation measures to reduce noise. Use the 24/7 nighttime noise hotline to discuss any noise concerns: 503-276-7892.
Meetings and Events
Online Open House
Visit our online open house to learn more about the project background and what to expect during construction.
Spring 2023: Construction starts, SW 26th Avenue closed to vehicle traffic for about a year starting May 1.
Summer 2024: Full closure of I-5 in both directions for one weekend (Friday evening through Monday morning). Dates will be determined and announced in advance.