Skip to main content

Warehouse License

Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS) are adopted, repealed and amended by the Oregon legislature and signed into law by the Governor.  
Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) are implemented by the OLCC. These regulations are proposed by, adopted, repealed and amended by the OLCC.

ORS 471

  • See section .001 for definitions of Malt Beverage and Wine
  • See section .023 for the definition of Cider
  • See section .155 for Privilege Tax Bond requirement
  • See section .242 for the Warehouse license

ORS 473
Wine, Cider and Malt Beverage Privilege Tax

Privilege Tax
You are responsible for reporting to the OLCC the amount of any malt beverages, wine and cider you import into Oregon.  You may be required to pay a tax on these malt beverages, wine and cider.
Privilege Tax Bond
Unless you qualify for an exception, you will be required to maintain a privilege tax bond with the OLCC.   More information is available at:
Oregon Wine Board Tax
You may be responsible for this tax. For more information, read: Oregon Wine Board Tax Fact Sheet 

  • Contact the Federal Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) to determine what you need to do to comply with Federal laws. 
  • You must have an address in Oregon where you will do business. 
  • You must currently own, lease, or rent the business property or you must be in the process of purchasing, leasing, or renting the property. You may make any purchase, lease, or rent agreement contingent on obtaining a liquor license. 
  • Determine whether your business will be a sole proprietorship or some form of legal entity (such as a corporation or limited liability company). If you are a legal entity you must be registered to do business in Oregon with the Oregon Secretary of State Corporation Division.
  • If you will offer lottery games (including video poker) contact the Oregon Lottery Commission
  • If you will make, warehouse, or sell at retail beer or wine for drinking on site, the Oregon Department of Agriculture's Food Safety Division may require a license. 

In order for the OLCC to be able to accept your application packet, it must contain ALL of the following OLCC forms and information: 

If you apply as a Corporation, LLC, Limited Partnership, or Franchise, you will need to complete the appropriate form below:


​You can submit your application by email, mail or in person.

  • Email:
  • Mail: OLCC Liquor Licensing, PO Box 22297, Milwaukie, OR 97269
  • In person (by appointment only): Deliver your completed application to the OLCC office that covers the city or county in Oregon where your business address is located.

Note: Do not include any license fees at this time.

If you need help completing your application, email or contact your local office.

OLCC Office Locations

Once the OLCC has determined that your application packet is complete and accurate, we will begin working on your application. We will then give you some documents to you take to the local government for their recommendation.

  • The local government is the city if your business address is within the city limits; or
  • The local government is the county if your business address is outside of the city limits 

Contact your city or county to make sure you understand their process. They generally will not review your application until it is accepted by OLCC.

You will be working with the OLCC office that covers the city or county where your business will be located. If you need help completing your application, or have additional questions, please contact the office where you will be submitting your application packet. 
OLCC Office Locations

Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how