Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

How to Register as a Sex Offender

If the court decides you need to register as a sex offender, you must register within 10 days of:
  • Release from a secure facility, including an OYA close custody facility, a prison, a jail, or a detention center
  • Any change in residence, including moving out of Oregon
  • Your birthday each year, even if your address has not changed
  • The first day you attend a college or other higher education institution as a student
  • A change in student enrollment status at a higher education institution
  • The first day you volunteer at or become an intern at an institution of higher education
  • A change in your volunteer or intern status at an institution of higher education
  • Your first day at a new job at an institution of higher education or at a job that takes you to a campus
  • A change in your job status at an institution of higher education or at a job that takes you to a campus.
You must report in person to Oregon State Police, your local county sheriff’s office, or local city police department.

You are responsible for keeping your address current with OSP. 

Failure to register could lead to arrest and more charges. If you're unsure about the requirements, you should talk to your attorney or email

You must register as a sex offender for life, unless a court has granted you relief from registration.

For more information on sex offender registration, treatment and re-entry services, and job and housing resources, visit the Oregon State Police Sex Offender Registration page.


Oregon Youth Authority

Oregon State Police Sex Offense Registry Unit
Sex Offender Registration webpage