Property for Sale
The Oregon Department of Administrative Services-Facilities Division (DAS), in collaboration with the City of Salem, is currently engaged in ongoing predevelopment work on the State’s 650 acre Mill Creek Corporate Center.
- The City of Salem has created a unique zoning classification for the property – EC (Employment Center) zone.
- DAS has filed mitigation plans and obtained fill permits from the Department of State Lands and the US Army Corps of Engineers for all wetland within the Mill Creek Corporate Center (formerly known as Mill Creek Industrial Park).
- The land has been replatted into lots that are available for sale.
- The Mill Creek Industrial Park Urban Renewal District (URD), formed by the City of Salem, will provide funding for offsite utilities, transportation system upgrades, and onsite wetland mitigation.
- Phases 1B (146 acres, 90 available) and 1C (45 acres) have been certified as “shovel ready” by the Governor’s Industrial Site Certification program. These properties are fully served with all utilities and are construction-ready.
- FedEx began operations October 28, 2008. In a collaboration between the City of Salem and the State of Oregon Department of Administrative Services, Jones Salem LLC, a Kansas City developer, constructed the first building at Mill Creek Corporate Center.
During the summer and fall of 2009, DAS:
- Executed a mass grading project, relocating 600,000 cubic yards of soil on the site, raising the core of Phase 1A out of the 100-year flood plain and rendering Phase 2A far more level.
During the summer of 2010, DAS:
- Constructed an 18” waterline loop beginning at existing City water service at Turner Road and Deer Park Drive, proceeding northwest on Turner Road to the alignment of “B Street”, north on “B Street” to “Mill Creek Parkway”, east on “Mill Creek Parkway” to the future alignment of “A Street”, and north on “A Street” to existing City water service in Aumsville Highway;
- Constructed the intersection of “Mill Creek Parkway” and Kuebler Boulevard;
- Constructed the first 1200 feet of the full section of “Mill Creek Parkway” eastbound from Kuebler Boulevard;
- Constructed the first 200 feet of “B Street” south of “Mill Creek Parkway”; and
- Constructed sewer lines to serve the core areas of Phase 1A, attaching to existing City sewer lines in Aumsville Highway and at Kuebler Boulevard and Mill Creek.
January 10, 2011 the Home Depot, the world's largest home improvement retailer, opened a Rapid Deployment Center (RDC) at Mill Creek Corporate Center.
|Properties for Sale|
|DAS is offering several parcels for sale immediately: |
- Phase 1B is a 90 acre, flat, contiguous site. It is served by all utilities, including a looped electrical system. The property has accessible frontage on Aumsville Highway and Depot Court. The 90 acres may be partitioned into up to two parcels. The land is priced at $100,000 per acre, or $8,830,000 for all 90 acres. Minimum investment and employment requirements apply.
- Phase 1C has two parcels available (20.1 acres and 25.98 acres). These parcels have accessible frontage on Aumsville Highway and are fully served with all utilities. The price for this property, in lots as small as 5 acres, is $114,000 per acre. The 20.1 acre parcel is available for $2,110,500, and the 25.98 acre parcel for $2,727,900. Minimum investment and employment requirements apply.
- Phase 1A has been subdivided (City of Salem Subdivision 08-5A), and is available for sale at a price of $120,000 per acre for large parcels (10 acres or more) and $153,000 per acre for smaller parcels (2 - 10 acres). A ten-acre “Commercial Service Center” has been designated, and is for sale at a price of $240,000 per acre, in parcels of not less than 1 acre. The entire “Commercial Service Center” may be purchased by a single developer for $2,150,000. Minimum investment and employment requirements apply.
- Proposed Major Projects
Parties interested in purchasing land at Mill Creek Corporate Center should contact:
DAS Enterprise Asset Management
Real Estate Services
1225 Ferry Street SE U100
Salem, OR 97301-4281
Phone: (503) 428-3808
Fax: (503) 373-7210
|Mill Creek Concept Map|