Having a safe and stable place to live is essential for people recovering from mental illness. However, lack of affordable housing is one of the biggest obstacles faced by people in recovery.
To help people find affordable housing more easily, the Oregon Health Authority Health Systems Division (HSD) has created an Affordable Housing Inventory.
To increase access to safe and affordable housing for people in recovery by putting this information in hands of the consumers.
Updated every 6 months, the Affordable Housing Inventory:
- Provides a statewide list of affordable properties in an easy-to-use format.
- Integrates all available affordable housing information into one list. It includes property lists from Oregon Housing and Community Services, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development, and the Oregon Opportunity Network.
Many of the properties have a waiting list, which means it could take several months for a unit to become available. Anyone looking for housing is encouraged to get on several waiting lists.
Behavioral health providers, advocates, people in recovery, and their families and friends can search the inventory for affordable rentals that support independent living.
How to use the inventory (last updated January 2019)
The interactive database lets users search properties in Oregon and get their contact information.
- To search the list, click the "Search" icon in the upper left corner, then enter your search terms (such as city and county).
- To view county-specific lists, click the large MENU button, then click "More Views."
- To sort by a specific field, click the column heading for the field.
For more viewing and sorting options, view the list in Oregon Data. You can also view the inventory as a PDF or Excel file.
SRO = Rental unit with shared kitchen, bathroom or both.
Contact the Affordable Housing Team
Please email the Affordable Housing Inventory Team to:
- Ask questions about the inventory
- Submit corrections to posted inventory information
- Tell HSD about properties to add to the inventory
Housing Development Coordinator