The 77th Oregon Legislature directed OHCS to:
- Develop and implement the Housing Choice Landlord Rent Guarantee program.
- Convene a Housing Choice Advisory Committee.
Landlord, tenant and public housing authorities' representatives comprise the Housing Choice Advisory Committee. The Committee advises the Department in the following areas:
- Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Best practices to maximize landlord and tenant participation
- Develop strategies and measures to gauge effectiveness of the Housing Choice Voucher Program.
This program has limited funds and depends on state budget allocation. The program funds may deplete before any new allocations. If so, we will notify landlords in writing. We will also retain the applications we receive. If we receive new funds, we will process applications in the order we received. There is no guarantee new funds will be available.
The Housing Choice Landlord Guarantee Program provides financial assistance to landlords. These funds mitigate damages caused by tenants as a result of their occupancy. This applies after July 1, 2014, under the HUD Housing Choice Voucher Program, also known as Section 8.
Tenants with Housing Choice vouchers for veterans, also known as Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing or VASH, are also eligible.
Click here for the program dashboard.