The ODHS budget covers two fiscal years, which is a biennium. The biennium begins on July 1 of an odd-numbered year and ends on June 30 of the next odd-numbered year (for example, July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2023).
The budget development process occurs in three major phases:
- Agency Request
- Governor's Recommended Budget
- Legislatively Adopted Budget
The ODHS budget is organized around six program areas:
- Aging and People with Disabilities
- Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities
- Child Welfare
- Self-Sufficiency Programs
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Agency Administration
For budget documents from bienniums prior to 2019-2021, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.